Light-O-Rama Forums

2 visualizer screens

ShellNZ

Can I not have 2 visualizer screens open at the same time?

I have one lee file with my whole house designed on it, the other lee file is my matrix.

I have dual monitors, sequencer on one, visualizer on the other.  Seems I can open 2 lee files seperately and play each of them but only 1 will work.

It would seem that because the visualizer listens on a certain port number  - it only can feed a single visualizer screen at a time. Not sure, but is likely was not written as a multi-process program to allow multiple occurances of itself to run at the same time. Make a feature request I guess.

Darn, thanks hte.

I would love to put the matrix on the main .lee but unfort due to that dang 1024 limit I cant.

I'm hoping in the future, LOR will either increase the maximum fixture limit, or allow multiple Visualizer's to be run locally.  See DevMike's comments about running multiple Visualizer's in this thread.

• 2 months later...

If someone could possibly help me out in setting this up?

I have a my showPC on 192.168.1.116.  2 monitors are attached to that pc, one for seq and one for visualizer.

I have downloaded the above program and this is what I have entered.

udpsplitter_zpseb5f9c4d.jpg

116 is my showpc

110 is my workpc right beside show pc

I have started up Vis on workpc (110) and set port of vis to be 30305.

Not working :(  any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this utility.  I had seen this thread months ago and stuck it in the back of my mind - but forgotten about it.  This morning I was wondering around this part of the forum looking for a solution to merging 2 visualizations and saw.  Hmmmm, this just might work.  Fired up the splitter and 2 visualizer sessions and after setting the ports right, it worked perfectly.

In my situation, it was not hitting the 1024 fixture count, but a convenience for me.  Earlier this year when I built my 360 pixel star, I had taken the effort to create all 360 pixels in visualizer as I was exclusively using SE to sequence it.  Last year when I built the 600 pixel tree that the star will go on, I used SuperStar to sequence it so I could see what it looked like there.  Later I built a visualization for the 600 pixels of the tree.  Now I really needed to get both the tree and star in visualizer so I could merge them together.  I actually did last night figure out how to do it manually tweeking the .lee files, but it was going to be rather time consuming (something I don't have at the moment).  This utility allows me to use the tree visualization in one session and the star in another and see them work together.

ShellNZ, not that I'm the expert, but that looks OK assuming a couple things:

1) you are running the splitter on the PC that is running SE

2) you have set the Visualizer ports set for IP and port of the splitter output.

I have not tried it on different computers, but I will later today.

• 10 months later...

I guess I did not explain myself very good, lets try again. 1. I am working in the sequence editor & make some changes & save them. 2. I want to view the changes in the sequence so I open the visualizer with the correct background picture & click simulation mode. 3. Now I have both the sequence editor & visualizer open ready to view the changes. 4. Click play on the sequence editor & the visualizer closes & I have to go to the bottom of my screen & open it & miss sometimes up to the first 10 sec. before the visualizer is open & running.

So is there a way to have both the sequence editor & visualizer running at the same time from the first 1/10 sec. of the sequence?

Mike

File -> Options -> "6 Com/Ref" tab.

Check the option for "Force simulation window to front" which will bring up the Viz windows as soon as it receives data.

• 3 months later...

While I understand its not supported. Can someone shoot me a screen shot of the setup or message me it. I tried it and neither play when I change the ports. 

Edited by Jeff Messer

Jeff, I'm just about to head to a shower and then out to dinner with my girlfriend (also known as my wife).  I use two Visualizer screens very regularly and know the procedure exactly.  When I get back I will grab some screenshots and post them on one of my websites so you can see it.  Should be a couple hours from now...

Thanks Jim... I will give it a shot this morning once LOR warms up. Going to get real busy sequencing the show today so fingers crossed. 

Jeff

When you open the splitter it does not fill in the port numbers for each visualizer. Mine had color lines so I left it that way.