Light-O-Rama Forums
Don

Live, Online Training Classes - Interested?

Looking forward to the "later" class.

Tony

2nd Session Announced

Friday 8/16 - 10p-11p Central (8p-9p Pacific)

Registration now open.

Thanks for offering a second class just signed up.

same

I just wanted to say thank you for last nights class. It was a good refresher and I did learn a couple of more tips.

I just wanted to say thank you for last nights class. It was a good refresher and I did learn a couple of more tips.

Thank you for the comments (and the email.) 

After registering, tried accessing the training files.  Unable to open the .lkm file.  Any ideas?

After registering, tried accessing the training files.  Unable to open the .lkm file.  Any ideas?

That is a custom keyboard map file. We'll discuss how to install it in the session. (But it goes in your 'KeyMaps' directory, in your Light-O-Rama folder.)

Hi Don.  It was fantastic being able to sit in on the first class.  Being a newbie to the software I learned quite a bit.  I am signing up for tomorrow nights session as well. Really looking forward to it.  Great job!

Jerry

Thank you. I'm guessing that I will go over a lot of the same things. Who knows, may cover something different.

Even more of the same things will allow me to absorb more of it!

Shows as Full. I hate that! Will catch the next one!

When will there be more classes?

Yes, when will there be more classes?   Guess i should frequent this forum more often....I am defanetly interested

The earliest any classes will be held is next weekend. I've got some things going on this [EDIT]week that is going to keep me pretty busy.

As far as the contents of each class, I'm thinking of basically taking the help file, and working though the items in there. Thus if you were to look in the "Sequence Editor" portion of the help, you would see many topics. I would go through each of them, and explain what they do, etc. 

Here is a list of other topics I might cover, depending on user request. If you see something below that interests you, speak up.

Tracks - What they are, how to use them.

Timing Grids - You can have more than one.

Beat Wizard / Tapper Wizard - Setting the timing marks for your sequence.

Show Editor - Creating basic shows, then creating more advanced shows.

Schedule Editor - Different ways it can be used.

Edited by Don

As for class announcements: I will always announce them via this newsletter. Be sure to choose the "Light-O-Rama News and Information newsletter" so you get the information. You are, of course, free to sign up for any other newsletter you wish.

I *may* announce them here in the forums as well, but the newsletter will get published first.

Thanks Don for another great class.  I am definitely practicing with the things I learned from you.  If I can figure out how to change the default drive back to C: drive then I will let you know if the keymap can be picked up from in there on Windows 8.  I've already wasted 2 of my license installs, One on Server 2008 (I actually wanted it to run all the shows since it's only duty is to run a website) which doesn't seem to like it very much and one on a laptop of which within 3 days the hard drive crashed.  If I'm correct you only get 5 installs.  I've got my new hard drive and am going to put windows 7 on it before I install again on it. That will have used up 4 installs and I've only had it a couple months. :( Oh well .  I do want to get it working on Win 8 tho as this PC is where I want to do the programming and then transfer to the laptop for testing on real lights!  I let you know if I do get it working on windows 8 tho.

Jerry H

Well Don I figured out my problem with the keymap.  I pulled up the keyboard preferences and I noticed I could make my own map, so I did.  Then I went searching to see where it saved it.  What I found was that I guess when I set P: drive to be default it created files withing files.  When I clicked on sequences, inside was a whole new set of the same folders including KeyMap.  I found the new map I created in there. Moved your keymap into that folder and behold all is wiorking now!  Go figure!  If anyone else like the guy in last nights class runs into this they might look to see if this happened to them!

Edited by Eaglesclaw