Light-O-Rama Forums

Live, Online Training Classes - Interested?

Don

Can't do the Wednesday session as I leave work at the scheduled start time.  Looking forward to the later session.

Will be Thursday or Friday.

Early prediction is 10p central, (8pm Pacific) for 1 hour on Thursday. Will announce when finalized.

Will be Thursday or Friday.

Early prediction is 10p central, (8pm Pacific) for 1 hour on Thursday. Will announce when finalized.

Thanks for the update. I will be unable to attend the Wednesday session as I already have a meeting Wednesday night I have to attend. I will sign up for the Thursday or Friday session as I am available on either night.

Thanks again for the update and taking the time to put on this session. Very excited to put my new LOR controllers to use!

Any chance the first session will/can be available as a download,or podcast? I would be willing to throw in a few bucks to have this to review.

The technical ability is there, yes. However I don't know if the first session on Wednesday will be recorded for future playback. The first session is a trial run of the highest magnitude. It will be my first time using the software, so there are bound to be technical glitches.

There would be more of a chance of the second one being recorded.

Will have to wait and see.

I just wanted to say thank you for last nights class. It was a good refresher and I did learn a couple of more tips.

Thank you for the comments (and the email.) 

After registering, tried accessing the training files.  Unable to open the .lkm file.  Any ideas?

That is a custom keyboard map file. We'll discuss how to install it in the session. (But it goes in your 'KeyMaps' directory, in your Light-O-Rama folder.)

Hi Don.  It was fantastic being able to sit in on the first class.  Being a newbie to the software I learned quite a bit.  I am signing up for tomorrow nights session as well. Really looking forward to it.  Great job!

Jerry

When will there be more classes?

Yes, when will there be more classes?   Guess i should frequent this forum more often....I am defanetly interested

The earliest any classes will be held is next weekend. I've got some things going on this [EDIT]week that is going to keep me pretty busy.

As far as the contents of each class, I'm thinking of basically taking the help file, and working though the items in there. Thus if you were to look in the "Sequence Editor" portion of the help, you would see many topics. I would go through each of them, and explain what they do, etc. 

Here is a list of other topics I might cover, depending on user request. If you see something below that interests you, speak up.

Tracks - What they are, how to use them.

Timing Grids - You can have more than one.

Beat Wizard / Tapper Wizard - Setting the timing marks for your sequence.

Show Editor - Creating basic shows, then creating more advanced shows.

Schedule Editor - Different ways it can be used.

Edited by Don