Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR NETWORK PREFERENCES/ADAPTERS

maxall777

I am trying to setup a DMX network but no adapters show up in DMX tab. Does anyone have any idea?  I have 2 LOR USB485 adapters I am using one for LOR com 3. I am using the other in com 5 but nothing shows up in my DMX tab adapter drop down menu.

I was told that my LOR USB485 does support DMX.

Unless I've missed something in a recent firmware update, the USB485 (and USB485B/USB485-ISO) doesn't run DMX. Never has. 

Unless I've missed something in a recent firmware update, the USB485 (and USB485B/USB485-ISO) doesn't run DMX. Never has. 

You can use a LOR USB485 for a DMX network but you have to buy/make a cross over cable since the pin connection is different.

I used them last year for DMX, but as stated, you have to make a Xover cable, coming out of the 485 and into the DMX controller. The setting will be "Raw DMX" in Network Preferences. The RS485 will not be there.

The Xover cable is:

Solid Blue # 4 to Orange/White # 1

Blue/White # 5 to Solid Orange # 2

You can see a diagram here:  http://www.holidaycoro.com/kb_results.asp?ID=46

I have cross over cable but now my problem is the USB adapter does not show up in LORs network preferences DMX . SO there is no way to select that adapter.

The setting will be "Raw DMX" in Network Preferences. The RS485 will not be there.

Edited by Ron Boyd

http://www.lightorama.com/help/index.html?the_dmx_tab.htm

"For each universe, the Network Preferences program presents a dropdown list of adapters available on the system.  Note that the Network Preferences program cannot detect adapters that are currently in use.  For example, if you have an LOR USB485 adapter that is currently assigned to an LOR network, and you wish to asign it to a DMX universe instead, you will first need to unassign it from the LOR network before it can be reassigned for the DMX universe.  Furthermore, you may need to stop and restart the Sequence EditorHardware Utility, and/or Show Player before the device will be shown in the Adapter dropdown box."

Here's your answer.

Strike my last post

Edited by Ron Boyd

From Sequence Editor, choose Edit, Network Preferences, LOR tab, click on the adapter to remove and choose None.

Same screen, but DMX tab, click on first open space and add your USB 485 as a Raw DMX.

May have to restart S3.

See Ron Boyd's response above for more detail.

Edited by Ken Benedict

I am trying to setup a DMX network but no adapters show up in DMX tab. Does anyone have any idea?  I have 2 LOR USB485 adapters I am using one for LOR com 3. I am using the other in com 5 but nothing shows up in my DMX tab adapter drop down menu.

Did you get your problem solved?

Yes I did thanks for your help it ended up being driver updates for the USB485 adapter.