Light-O-Rama Forums

Guest guest

Hi, I have had the usual strings of lights etc strung outside the house plugged into a couple of 6 point multiplug boards and the wires hanging out the window going to the lights etc.

What kind of evolution is going to take for someone who understands computers OK, but does not understand much about electronics, to step up to a LOR 30 amp by 16 channel Showtime board? Is there somewhere to go for a step by step correspondene course on setting up the LOR boards and setting sequences for the light show?

Also do the LOR boards come avaliable for NZ 240V market and do they plug straight in or would they need mods, ie replace the plugs etc etc. (in NZ we have a 3 pin plug, the same as in Australia)

I have the time and the money to do this now, and I am extraordinarily keen to do somthing like this for Xm06.

Any help is appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Cheers

Hi Chris!

Welcome to PlanetChristmas!

The first step is to get the moved into the LOR forum. I've already asked the moderator to do so. By posting your message there, you should get a much greater response to your questions. (And if you are reading this there, then it's already been done.)

Secondly, take a moment to read my LOR FAQ. It's got answers to quite a few questions you might have. (and some you didn't know you have.) The address is in my signature.

Once we learn the answer to the plug situation, I'll have to add that to the FAQ. I know there are some people who use LOR in the UK .. and some who do or might in Australia. The controllers can, using a jumper, be set to 240volt operation.

Again, welcome to PlanetChristmas. You'll find plenty of people here willing to help you learn about LOR, decorating, and anything else Christmas related you might want to know!

Cheers for that, You say that the LOR is able to go 240V by using a jumper wire, does that mean that 240V comes out the feed end also? Because I am finding it very hard to find some decent LED light strings that are 240V. If I could put 240 in and 110 out I would just do an internet order for a heap of US LED strings.

Thanks

So if I put 2 strings in series it should work OK but I would have to half the amperage I should be using.. so if each output can put out max 8amps at 110V if i have 2 strings at 240 should I be using max 4 amps or am I just a complete knucklehead who has no idea what I am babbling on about :-)