Light-O-Rama Forums

Chases in Superstar?

Val Bennett

Is there a way to do chases around a pixel megatree in SuperStar? I envision having it look like the tree,or at least several rows (rings), are rotating and moving up and down. I have tried morphs, but I don't think they were meant for chases. The only way I can think of doing it right now is to set up a new track in the Sequence Editor and rearranging all the channels on my 24 CCB strings (all the channels for each ring of lights grouped together, for example). I think this would be a pretty tedious process. Anyone got any ideas?

Val

Morphs are designed to do a wide variety of chase patterns. If you are using the latest version which is 3.10.6 then there are two sample sequences you can look at to get some ideas. Do the following:

1) Launch SuperStar

2) Click on the File menu and select Open

3) Navigate to the Samples folder

4) Open the file "Vis_24x25Tree_8RowGlobe_Spirals.sup"

This file show some spiral patterns.

You can also look at "Vis_24x25Tree_8RowGlobe_Sample.sup"

This file shows some text on a tree and then it shows the new shockwave, spiral and fan effects on the tree.

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/20953-new-2012-sequence-to-tso-siberian-sleigh-ride/?p=200097

Take a look at this sequence. I can't pull the video up on this iPad and my PCM is about 100 miles from me at the moment. Besides that, in the video, about halfway through, there is a section where there are white chases going around the outside of the tree. If this is what you're looking for, I can send you a sample of how to do it tomorrow when I get back home. It's easier to show than to explain, I would probably just confuse the explanation not only for you, but probably me too. Let me know if that's what you're looking for.

Ron

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/22537-my-new-sequence-to-wish-liszt-by-tso/?p=214646

Might be in this one

Edited by Ron Boyd

IF this is what you're trying to accomplish, here's how it's done. Create 3 scenes and then Copy and paste for the length of time you need it. In the attached SS Sequence, I showed the 3 that need to be created, and then dropped the rest down so you can see how it's done. 

Hope this helps,

Ron

Thanks for your responses/help Brian and Ron. Your examples helped me get a little more proficient at using the Superstar software, and gave me a few fresh ideas. I will hopefully be able to get the effect I was looking for, which was to make the lights look like a flying saucer with the bottom appearing to rotate (at least that's how I remember them from the old movies from the 60's).

Val