Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem with xLights/Nutcracker 3.0.18 export to LOR

tonyski

Hi Everyone,

Just back from the Christmas Expo in Gatlinburg.

I was talking to someone about xLights/Nutcracker and using it to generate effects for my 12 CCR Superstar Tree.

I downloaded it, installed it, watched a couple of tutorials and then built a test musical sequence. I'm using the latest LOR advanced software 3.10.6.

When I tried to export it it created a very small  LOR .lms file.

When I opened it in the sequence editor, all the cells were empty/blank.

After several more tries, I uninstalled it and installed version 3.0.17.

I created the same type of test file and exported it. It worked like a champ.

Just curious to know if anyone else has gotten 3.0.18 to export properly.

One other question.

Has anyone come up with a convenient way to copy/paste the Nutcracker export into a sequence? I'm especially interested in how to deal with the fact that a CCR has 157 channels the last 7 of which are usually blank but i do use  occasionally. The only way that I can think of is to either copy/paste 50 RGB channels at a time and just skip the 7 or to add 7 blank channels between every 50 rgb channels in the export and then copy/paste once.

Thanks in advance as always,

Tony

Copy the CCRs to a second track and then you can rearrange the channels in the alternate track for convenient copying.  Specifically, keep your 157 CCR channels intact in the first track.  Copy all the CCRs to another track and move all the macros (151 - 157) to another location so channels 1 - 150 for all the CCRs are consecutive.  That is 1-150 of CCR  #1, then 1-150 of CCR#2, 1-150 of CCR #3, etc.  Then you can copy and paste the entire block of XLights commands into this other track starting at the first circuit of the first CCR.  Don't forget to turn "Enable Undo Recording" in the Edit menu off if you get memory errors copying large blocks of data.

Kent

I am seeing the same thin on the export, Was on version 16, export works fine. Upgraded to version 18 and export is blank. Went back to version 16 and export work ok again.

Thanks,

At least I'm not chasing windmills!

I see that most posts on the forum about Nutcracker include posts from smeighan. Is he the developer?

Tony

Yes, he is the developer of nutcracker. He teamed up with the developer of xlights to put it all in one package.

I reported this same issue a few days ago on a different forum.  Sean says he will look into it when he gets a chance as he was on a trip.

Version 18 is broken, i have not yet had a chance to look at it. Use version 17 for now.

If you have sequences created in version 18 use Notepad++   (http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/)

or any other text editor

Do a search and replace and remove the slider bars that version 18 has that dont exist in previous versions

Remember you always have 3 files for each sequence you do:

1) the mp3 file  , around 5mbytes

2) the xseq file  , around 35mbytes

3) the xml file    , around 30kbytes

so i have a wizards.xseq and a wizards.xml. The xml file has your entire Nutcracker effects for this song. 

BTW, you can share the xml file with anyone else and just have to modify line 6 and change it to your model name

Anyways, you open the xml file (I suggest Notepad++)

Open each v18  xml file of your sequences and

Change "ID_SLIDER_Slider_Brightness=100,ID_SLIDER_Slider_Contrast=0," to ""

without the quotes. In other words, remove those two slider variables.

Now you will not get errors when opening the files in v17.

thanks

sean

Edited by smeighan

When I try to export in Ver 16, I have a sign that is 10 pixels high by 40 long for a scrolling sign. I'm doing a Vert Matrit, It plays off of xlights ok but when I export it in lms or lcb I open it in lor 1 all the channels are in reg. not RGB but there is nothing on in the file. Tried to copy and paste it in my channels and there is nothing there. what am I doing wrong. All my mega trees work right and the channels come out RGB

I'm no expert, but it works for me in version 17. The symptoms you describe are what was happening to me in version 18.

Remember, a RGB Channel is actually 3 regular channels. If you start to paste in the right place, it should work fine.

Maybe someone else with more experience with Nutcracker can offer some guidance!

Good Luck!

I'm no expert, but it works for me in version 17. The symptoms you describe are what was happening to me in version 18.

Remember, a RGB Channel is actually 3 regular channels. If you start to paste in the right place, it should work fine.

Maybe someone else with more experience with Nutcracker can offer some guidance!

Good Luck!

I just released ver 19. export should now work.

I summary ver 1-17 would export ok, ver 18 broken, 19 fixes export and also crash on exit

thanks

sean

It was user error, I did not hit update grid to put it in, Works nice now. Running a 4' X 6' Scrolling Sign ( 2 lines )

BTW, we are aware of people complaining of having a ghosting to text. We believe this is caused because windows fonts are all anti-aliased. Anti-alias is where the font gets smoothed on its edges. Unfortunately the smoothing also changes the colors. Maybe it works on your 1900x1400 display but changing the colors makes the edges standout on our smaller resolution displays.

Try different fonts for now to minimize the anti-alias halo on text. We are working to find how to turn off anti-aliasing.

thanks

Edited by smeighan

• The topic was locked