Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama version 3.10.6

caniac

Hi, I've downloaded the software perfectly, but appears a warning that says error inicialization setup file. I would like to know how I can install it.

check the file size you have on disk. If it not 50Mb, the download failed. I got the same error message on the partical downloads I ended up with.

I had to download it about 5 times.

i was trying to post a good working link for the s3 software but i guess the powers that be have taken that away from us it will not post

Edited by t purser

I switched to a WIN7 system, again tried to download - this time I did get 18.8Mb before it failed.  I think I will now wait for LOR to fix their system or give us a different way to download - this is not working.

Sorry folks.  We are definitely aware of the problems some are having trying to download the installer.  We're trying to work with our hosting provider to figure out what they changed so they can change it back.

Until then, here are a couple of mirrors.  We ask that you first try a couple of times to download the package from OUR server.  If you've tried a couple of times and failed, you can try one of these links:

https://app.box.com/sync-lor-3106
http://www.lorfaq.com/manuals-software/software-downloads.html

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR THE INSTALLER ON YOUR OWN WEBSITE!  We appreciate the help, but this will lead to support problems in the future.  

If you still can not install the software, please open a trouble ticket and we'll get it sorted out there.

I installed 3.10.6 going from 3.7.0 and it asked me to re-register.  When I did, it says my license doesn't cover this version of software.  Do I need a new license to go from 3.7.0 to 3.10.6?

Nevermind....

License Status Summary

Your license does not cover the latest version, 3.10.*. To use this version, you will have to purchase a license renewal.

However, you can continue to use version 3.9.* or lower without renewing your license.

Details

LOR Feature Level: Advanced
SuperStar Feature Level: 4_CCR
Max Version: 3.9.*

Edited by Kyle Whitaker

I installed 3.10.6 going from 3.7.0 and it asked me to re-register.  When I did, it says my license doesn't cover this version of software.  Do I need a new license to go from 3.7.0 to 3.10.6?

Nevermind....

License Status Summary

Your license does not cover the latest version, 3.10.*. To use this version, you will have to purchase a license renewal.

However, you can continue to use version 3.9.* or lower without renewing your license.

Details

Suggestion: Purchase an increase in the CCR count if you think you might get more than 4 CCRs either this season or next season.

The 4 to 8 upgrade is $100. The license renewal is $30.

I believe that when you do the 4 to 8 upgrade, it may then allow you to get the 3.10 version without any more expense.

Ken is correct. A purchase of a CCR licence, or upgrade of a CCR license, will count as a license renewal for your software account.

Nevermind....

License Status Summary

Details

Also, keep in mind the 4 CCR license allows for 600 channels under Superstar, or 50 pixels each.

If you decide to go with the CCB or CCP devices, they count as TWO CCRs each, since they have double the pixel counts.

So your 4 CCR license will get you TWO CCBs or TWO CCPs.

If you use Superstar to sequence non-LOR devices, you may easily hit the 600 channel limit; one 2811 full strip of 170 pixels equals 510 channels.

If you wanted two of those 2811 strips, you would need an 8 CCR license to program 1200 channels under Superstar.

FYI

See also: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/24010-24824-license-question/?p=237367

Sorry folks.  We are definitely aware of the problems some are having trying to download the installer.  We're trying to work with our hosting provider to figure out what they changed so they can change it back.

Until then, here are a couple of mirrors.  We ask that you first try a couple of times to download the package from OUR server.  If you've tried a couple of times and failed, you can try one of these links:

https://app.box.com/sync-lor-3106

Thank you for the alternate download site  - this worked fine to download/install.

If I can help debug or test the download problem from here - let me know. I am in Fremont, CA on ATT and had consistant problems with the download.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to disable my Norton firewall and viral suite for 15 mins then the download ran perfectly....before that I had the exact same issues everyone else was having...IE, Chrome...didnt matter.

Edited by etherealone