Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama version 3.10.6

caniac

anyone else having problems with this download?  have tried to download unsuccessfully from two different computers, error I get is that it is not available on the server.

07:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time and I had no problem downloading it from the Los Angeles area.

It down loaded ok for me but would not install.  I tried several times with an error each time.. I re-down loaded it again and shut all my LOR programs and then it installed just fine.  I haven't opened it yet to play.. but that is what happened on my first attempt

I just downloaded the new version.  It took two tries.  The first download was a partial download.  The second was the entire 50.9 MB in size.

anyone else having problems with this download?  have tried to download unsuccessfully from two different computers, error I get is that it is not available on the server.

I'd suggest just trying again.  But if it keeps happening, could you please let me know exactly what the error message says, in full, word for word?

It down loaded ok for me but would not install.  I tried several times with an error each time.. I re-down loaded it again and shut all my LOR programs and then it installed just fine.  I haven't opened it yet to play.. but that is what happened on my first attempt

Generally speaking, it's always highly recommended that you shut down all your LOR programs before installing a new version of LOR.  And not just stuff like the Sequence Editor, but also the LOR Control Panel.  The LOR Control Panel is the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray, and you can shut it down by right-clicking on it and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the popup menu that will open.

It probably can't hurt (and might help) to shut down as many non-LOR programs as you can, too, but you should definitely shut down all LOR programs.

I'd suggest just trying again.  But if it keeps happening, could you please let me know exactly what the error message says, in full, word for word?

Generally speaking, it's always highly recommended that you shut down all your LOR programs before installing a new version of LOR.  And not just stuff like the Sequence Editor, but also the LOR Control Panel.  The LOR Control Panel is the light bulb icon in your computer's system tray, and you can shut it down by right-clicking on it and selecting "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the popup menu that will open.

It probably can't hurt (and might help) to shut down as many non-LOR programs as you can, too, but you should definitely shut down all LOR programs.

got it installed on my sequencing machine but am having the same issue on my show laptop, it runs XP pro and nothing else is running in the background.  says it is unable to download from the server, can't find LOR 3.10.6.exe.part

got it installed on my sequencing machine but am having the same issue on my show laptop, it runs XP pro and nothing else is running in the background.  says it is unable to download from the server, can't find LOR 3.10.6.exe.part

Sounds like a networking issue, which could be at your computer, our server, or anywhere in between.  I'll see if we can get in touch with our server's hosting company to look into it from their end to see if it's a problem with our server or their internal network or whatever, but in the meantime, I have three suggestions:

(1) It sounds like you successfully downloaded the installer to your sequencing machine.  I suggest copying it from there to your laptop, rather than trying to download it to your laptop.

(2) If for whatever reason you're unable to do (1), I'd just keep trying to download it.

(3) If all else fails, let me (bob@lightorama.com) know, and I'll see if maybe I can get it to you some other way.

Try using a different browser, like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

I had similar problems with Internet Explorer that were solved by Firefox; first time clean download.

IE10 showed a good download, but files were corrupted. Sounds familiar.

New version is successfully installed here. But I too would like to report multiple downloads were not the full size so failed to install.  

Each of the last three mornings I attempted to DL and got a partial file.  The second attempt was always full size.   Using Chrome on a fully updated windows 8 machine.

When I first attempted to download I checked on the "download latest software now" link and I ended up with an incomplete file. I scrolled down the software page to the past versions section and downloaded 3.10.6 from there and got the complete file first time. 

When I first attempted to download I checked on the "download latest software now" link and I ended up with an incomplete file. I scrolled down the software page to the past versions section and downloaded 3.10.6 from there and got the complete file first time. 

No problems on the first download. I also scrolled down through the versions and selected 3.10.6 rather than the "download latest software now" link. That link seems to be the same one as the one I selected so I don't know that it really would make any difference.

One small "cosmetic" issue only. The last page of the upgrade process asks you to click Next to complete the upgrade but there's no Next button it's actually Finish.

New version is successfully installed here. But I too would like to report multiple downloads were not the full size so failed to install.  

Each of the last three mornings I attempted to DL and got a partial file.  The second attempt was always full size.   Using Chrome on a fully updated windows 8 machine.

exactly the error I was getting, it IS NOT anything here.  Been working with PC's in addition to mainframes since '85 so I do all the necessary debugging before I complain (try different PC's, try different times, different browsers, different OS's, etc.).  The one constant was the error you are receiving.

• 2 weeks later...

i been having  problems with the  downloading page ... the message read :

download failure : network error please try again later

took several tries but i  got the whole download finally

i just got my basic + starter kit  / w cd ordered today

will be here soon

For what its worth I downloaded it Saturday with no problem. Ver 10 is a great as it fixed a problem I had communicating with an E682. Thanks LOR!!!

John

John, if you don't mind, would you explain the error that was resolved with the E682?  I have several of these in my display and don't want to run into something I should have known about down the road.

Thanks

Steve

FWIW, I attempted to download this morning, using: Chrome Version 28.0.1500.95 m

I think the issue is, the download of the file is terminating early due to a hosting server/service time out and not having a end of file included with it.  I believe you can see this while downloading the file, as it's counting how much is downloaded.  I noted it is not giving you a X of X size downloaded count, rather just a X downloaded so far count.  This could be due to the files being improperly hosted resulting in truncated file downloads which depending on the hosting platform can be resolved in several ways.

What should be a 50.9mb file download for example has truncated on me several times somewhere around 43.5mb.   Two download attempts later and I have a complete installer.

John, if you don't mind, would you explain the error that was resolved with the E682?  I have several of these in my display and don't want to run into something I should have known about down the road.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

I was using 3.8 and it just wouldnt connect with the 682. I have one universe set to DMX on the 682 that is connected to a ray wu 27 channel dumb pixel controller.  The listener was running and when starting the sequence it said it was connected. The sequences would run (from the LOR sequencer) but none of the pixels would light up. When I stopped the sequnce and closed the sequencing sofftware I would get a time out error on the listener. I tried all kinds of things but it wouldnt work. Then I checked for the update on the LOR web page. I downloaded 3.10  and the the lights worked.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Four attempts to download 3.10.6 failed. First 3 on Firefox 21, showed the 50Mb, but "completed download" at 7.1, 7.0 and 6.9Mb in three secessive attempts. Each was defaulted to the download folder.

I then switched to IE8, and went to the www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/ choose "Download Now" button, recieved a popup to run/save - choose save and then the dowload popup opened starting to show the 50mb download, but reported download competed after only getting a 4.4Mb file.

This is a XP system that I normally have no problems with at all. Something is not right in the cloud...

Hi, I've downloaded the software perfectly, but appears a warning that says error inicialization setup file. I would like to know how I can install it.

check the file size you have on disk. If it not 50Mb, the download failed.  I got the same error message on the partical downloads I ended up with.