Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
friskybri

DMX ISSUE

On 3.94 I play my DMX equipment and it works just fine.  When I update to 3.10.4 the Disney believe sequence stops and will not play.    On the monster mash it plays but does nothing in the DMX universe.    I then go back to 3.94 and it works fine. 

Edited by friskybri

Hmm... could you please send me (bob@lightorama.com) copies of the sequences in question? Thanks.

Also, are you playing them through the Sequence Editor or the Show Player? Does it give any error message? When it stops, does it stop at the same place every time, or different places?

Check the IP settings for the Visualizer - I had the same issue and in the end I had configured a different IP for sending data to the Visualizer (I think at some point I used a different computer for it)

Bob,
     I think its not a DMX issue but more of a file issue with the 3.10.6 vs the 3.9.4.   I did get the rest of the files to work but this one Disney believe.    When I start the file in sequence editor it just locks up with no error.   I tried starting it at a point where the dmx was used and it lights up but it sticks at the same point and does not move.  It is a long song just shy of 9 minutes with 15 controllers, 11 CCR's and DMX.  I sent the files with the music to your email.    

Edited by friskybri

I've sent this information via email, but just in case anybody else runs into the same issue, I'll copy/paste it here:

You're correct that it has nothing to do with DMX.  We'll work to get this fixed, but in the meantime, here's a workaround for you:

The media file name is (something like) "Disneyland - Believe... In Holiday Magic Edit.mp3".  The "..." in there is causing us to get confused.  So, I suggest copying the media file to a new filename without the "..." (for example, perhaps "Disneyland - Believe In Holiday Magic Edit.mp3"), and then modifying the sequence to point to the new media file instead of the old one.

I have made the corrections to the code to fix the '...' problem.  They'll be included in the next release.