Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel System 1 Help Needed

xrays911

I purchased a Sandevices Pixel System 1 (E682 controller pre-wired ready to rock and roll) and 16 strings pre-wired of WS2811 50 count pixel lights from Ray Wu. My goal is to incorporate a pixel sign into this year's show. The sign is built, the controller is configured and I have altered the LOR Network preferences to include the new DMX controller. I created a very short sequence using Bob's Marquee tool and just cannot get the sign to play it. I know the sign is working because I can get it to play the test pattern. I did a lot of homework on here and just can't seem to figure out what I am missing.I sure would appreciate some advice from the more experienced.

What I have done so far:

1. Installed a switch which is shared by my PC and
    the E682 (Ethernet comes from my router to the switch- then I have 2 patch cables,
    1 each to the E682 and 1 to my PC)
  2. Set show PC to static IP of 192.168.1.150
  3.  Turned off Windows Firewall on my show PC
  4. Configured Pixels in E682 as follows:

5. Altered LOR Advanced Network preferences:

Here is a glimpse of what I have for channels in my sequence:

6.   LOR Channel Config (1st)

7.  LOR Channel config (last)

I am so hung up on this sign it's crazy. Thanks everyone for the help!

• Like 1

Yes, I have the control panel opened and am trying to play the sequence through the sequence editor.

Sorry to state obvious things, is the control lights checked on the play lights screen. Everything looks configured perfectly.

As Doug eluded to, Under "Play", Control lights must be checked. Also, to add to that, If it won't stay checked, plug in one of your USB485s. You don't have to have a controller or anything hooked up, just the 485. Then go back and check "Control Lights" and it should work. Doug's the guru, I just know mine wouldn't work unless the 485 was plugged in.

reason I ask is I tried same thing but on the 682 controller there is a jumper you have to set in order for the dmx to be played you don't have to move the jumper if you are using smart pixels but for dumb pixels or straight dmx you have to move a jumper

why do you have the ip address on the lor starting with .239  it should match the controller ip address  also you don't change the ip address for each universe

lemme look cause I believe if you move the jumper you have 16 plugins it devides them into 4 each so say for instance if you move the jumper for 4-1 to 4-4 you can only use them plugs for straight dmx but it has to be configured for that on the web page for the 682

hes right the ip should be the same the only difference is the last number is the universe number

I had a problem with the ip address I has to be close to what your router ip address is after reading the instructions finally   lol I figured it out

As Doug eluded to, Under "Play", Control lights must be checked. Also, to add to that, If it won't stay checked, plug in one of your USB485s. You don't have to have a controller or anything hooked up, just the 485. Then go back and check "Control Lights" and it should work. Doug's the guru, I just know mine wouldn't work unless the 485 was plugged in.

Sorry to state obvious things, is the control lights checked on the play lights screen. Everything looks configured perfectly.

I had been having troubles with the "Control Lights" staying checked and hooking the USB485 up was what I needed to do to get it to stick....and what do you know...it works! There is one tiny problem though....the lettering all appears as Red white and blue even though I have it programmed in shades of orange. I am going to fiddle with it a bit to see if I can figure it out and if not I know where to look for help :) You guys rock!

my ip is actually the same as his except for the last number which is the universe number

glad to see you got it working I love my 682 gonna buy more not that I have anything against lor but after you get the hang of it its pretty easy lol

lemme look cause I believe if you move the jumper you have 16 plugins it devides them into 4 each so say for instance if you move the jumper for 4-1 to 4-4 you can only use them plugs for straight dmx but it has to be configured for that on the web page for the 682

hes right the ip should be the same the only difference is the last number is the universe number

why do you have the ip address on the lor starting with .239  it should match the controller ip address  also you don't change the ip address for each universe

In the network preferences section when I select Multi-cast I do not have the option to set an IP address. The program fills that in by itself. I have it running now with the settings as they were in my pictures so that must not matter???? However, I have issues with color correctness that I need to investigate. Weird thing is the sign wants to be Red white and blue and we are past the 4th of July!

In multicast you don't assign an IP address, only in Unicast.

Make sure the RGB order matches the lights.  Most of mine are BGR.

Scott

that's true I had to change the order of my rgb also you have to play with it till the right colors shows mine wound up being gbr it has to do with the way they wire the smart strips I guess or the dumb pixels my guess lol

The easiest way to verify color order is to use test patterns 1, 2, and 3.  They should be RED, GREEN, and BLUE, in that order.  If the colors you see are different, just make a list of what color order you see from 1 to 3, then select that color order from the drop-down list.

If color order is correct and there are still problems coming up with the colors you want, it's going to be a matter of trial and error, playing with different choices in the color picker until you get what you want.  Once you get outside of the primary and secondary colors, color matching can be a chore. 

• The topic was locked