Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D DC Card

Denny

Must be old age, but where in the LOR Store is the CMB24D DC card listed for sale?  It is shown in the e-mail from LOR, but I can't find it anywhere in the store.

I can't find the CMB24D either, but I am certainly interested.

I would like to see the specs and operating manual before purchasing.

I can't find the CMB24D either, but I am certainly interested.

I would like to see the specs and operating manual before purchasing.

+1, that board caught my eye quick

+1, that board caught my eye quick

+2, I want to know if I can use it as 24 discreet DC channels

Thanks John. Not too sure what is meant by "+v was distributed for each 3-channel group"

Does anyone know if  this board  is compatible with the new higher  /super speed data like the CCR's and CCP's?  I'd love to add one onto a network rather than running a separate network cable to one area of my lights.

Steve

It isn't for pixels. It is for dumb strings, strips, or floods.

Edit:

I just realized you were talking about the network side for CCRs and CCPs. I would think all newer controllers would be super speed. Anyone know for sure?

Edited by Scott Cockroft

• means the positive voltage....and looks like each of the other blocks are used for RGB wiring

OK, I get that, but the use of the word "was" implies that the positive voltage may not now be distributed in the same way.

OK, I get that, but the use of the word "was" implies that the positive voltage may not now be distributed in the same way.

It looks like that has in fact been changed. The board pictured in the PDF is different. It has all the terminals for V+ grouped together near the fuses.  

Correct Scott, previously on the 18 board you had to do +vrgb, this new board looks like all the +v is all together

These will be nice for RGB dumb strips.....

The CMB24D supports 500Kbps. Instead of the +v's being adjacent, they are distributed among the channels for easier connection of rgb fixtures. The channels are still independent if you choose to use them that way. Once I take some decent pictures, I'll put the brochure and user manual on the docs page.

The goal was to produce a cheaper & easier way to control dumb rgb devices. That's why there are a multiple of 3 channels, screw terminals, LOR/DMX rj jack jumpers and extra positions of the DIP switch for configuration.

So, back to my original question.  What is the link to order these?  I cannot find it listed anywhere in the sales store.

Disregard, I found it.

can this board [CMB24D DC Card] be used to control smart pixels and how many. looking at buy 20 strips of 50/50 intelligent strips would like to use lor and what else would I have to buy to make this happen already use lor for leds thank you Blair

can this board [CMB24D DC Card] be used to control smart pixels and how many. looking at buy 20 strips of 50/50 intelligent strips would like to use lor and what else would I have to buy to make this happen already use lor for leds thank you Blair

This board wouldn't be able to control the smart pixels; it is designed for dumb strips, rgb floods, etc.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have asked this question in another thread, but this also seemed relevant.

I have today received my CMB24D board, hooked it up to the PC, fired up the HU, refreshed and the HU "sees" the board but announces "Unknown Device???"

HU is 2.8.12 if that is relevant.

Any constructive suggestions anyone?

TIA

Martin

[edit] I can use the "console" to manipulate channels 1 to 16 [/edit]

[edit2] it seems that the sequence editor also talks to the CMB24D as I can control channels from there. So I guess it is not too important that the HU doesn't recognise the unit is it? [/edit2]

Edited by grandad

Hi,

I have asked this question in another thread, but this also seemed relevant.

I have today received my CMB24D board, hooked it up to the PC, fired up the HU, refreshed and the HU "sees" the board but announces "Unknown Device???"

HU is 2.8.12 if that is relevant.

Any constructive suggestions anyone?

TIA

Martin

[edit] I can use the "console" to manipulate channels 1 to 16 [/edit]

[edit2] it seems that the sequence editor also talks to the CMB24D as I can control channels from there. So I guess it is not too important that the HU doesn't recognise the unit is it? [/edit2]

See reply in other thread here.