Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR strip only playing a portion of the strip.

Jerry Ludy

I have followed all the necessary steps in the layout, configuration along with performing the Utility Hardware as required. Everything was followed and recheck multiple times. When I loaded up the _sup file into the Sequence Editor, it loaded as illustrated in the Video Tutorial. When I play the sequence, using the first CCR controller, only a small section of the strip lights up, when all of it should, because of being programmed to do so. Does anyone have any ideas to share that could be blocking the correct signal?

Signed "Hurry up and Wait"

Edited by Jerry Ludy

Does the entire CCR work using regular sequencing?     I suggest using the hardware utility to verify the CCR controller is not in legacy mode. 

Does the same thing happend when you use another CCR?

or 

Press and hold the reset button on the controller while it is powering up. This will reset the controller and then run a test pattern. This will let you know that your ribbon isn't physically broken somewhere.

Make sure you haven't accidently sequenced onto channes 151-157

Frank

I have it in "normal single ID"mode, since I configured it the first time.  It was originally loaded up as Legacy.   I can run load up the "sup" file into its own Sequence and run it.  All the lights will work on the strip.  When I load it into my main sequence, only one section of the strip will light up.  

The only section is the first section next to the input cable.  Like I said, I can load up the same program independently into its own sequence and it all sections of the ribbon comes on.  When I load it into one channel on my main sequence, only the first section of the ribbon will come on.  I am totally without any thought on this one.

Sounds like duplicate channels somewhere. Is this the only CCR being used. If not, I would check your channel config

Edited by Ron Boyd

The only section is the first section next to the input cable.  Like I said, I can load up the same program independently into its own sequence and it all sections of the ribbon comes on.  When I load it into one channel on my main sequence,   <=== What does this mean??? only the first section of the ribbon will come on.  I am totally without any thought on this one.

Not sure what you loaded into the main sequence.

You should be looking at 50 rgb channels in the main sequence unless I am not understanding something here.

Steve

Yes,  I have Eight CCR controllers, but only one on line.  This is my first try at CCR's and only have one on line to test. 

Even if you only have one CCR online, the commands for all CCRs and all other devices programmed in your sequence are being transmitted. If, like Ron said, you have duplicate devices #'s/channels in the sequence, you will have problems.

Sometimes printing out your channel configuration (Tools -> Channel configuration -> print) will bring it to light.

Edited by Frank Farmer

Even if you only have one CCR online, the commands for all CCRs and all other devices programmed in your sequence are being transmitted. If, like Ron said, you have duplicate devices #'s/channels in the sequence, you will have problems.

Sometimes printing out your channel configuration (Tools -> Channel configuration -> print) will bring it to light.

If you have 8 CCRs and you print that out, It prints out 3 Channels for each pixel so it will take a bunch of paper and ink. That's 1200 channels for the 8 CCRs alone. Check all Unit IDs and Network IDs before you print. If this is your final layout, It wouldn't be bad to print it out once. Good idea as mentioned above.

If you have 8 CCRs and you print that out, It prints out 3 Channels for each pixel so it will take a bunch of paper and ink. That's 1200 channels for the 8 CCRs alone. Check all Unit IDs and Network IDs before you print. If this is your final layout, It wouldn't be bad to print it out once. Good idea as mentioned above.

This is true Ron, however I should have said that I usally print it to a PDF file.  I've also printed to an xps file and then imported into an excell spreadsheet.  You can sort it all diffrent ways then...

WOW!  Do I feel like an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YES it was a duplicate channel.... Once I review the channel configuration sheet, I was as clear as day.    Thanks Frank, Ron, Steve and ItsMeBo for your help and support.  I had loaded up another song and it worked after I made the corrections.

The reason for a different song is that I overrode the one I was working on with a dummy file and saved by mistake.  Now I have to start all over again on creating the Super Star program... Oh well, at least I can not move forward. 

Thanks again to each one of you.

Hope each one of you have a great display this year.

• The topic was locked