Light-O-Rama Forums

Timing problems

tbetgeorge

So I've been been having a hard time with my sequence lately. Sometimes when I start, the sequence and visualizer line up perfectly. I'll stop it, do a quick edit, and restart - then every other time it won't line up. Sometimes it's close, sometimes way off, sometimes it lines up perfectly. I won't even do anything except restart the sequence and can't figure out why it's not syncing correctly. I am running about 300 channels (100 RGB channels) and 10 CCRs (all through visualization). My software is 3.9. I have Windows 7 running on very fast quad i7s with 16GB ram. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

perhaps your audio is not at a constant bit rate (CBR)

are you using an MP3? Try converting it to a WAV file...or make it a CBR using a program such as Audacity.

I am using an mp3. I'll convert to wave and see if that helps. Really appreciate the advice!

It's not the fact that it is JPG that may be your problem, it is that the audio file needs to be constant bit rate. If it's not, the issue you described happens. Use Audacity to convert it to CBR and it should clear up.

in the latest release of the software I noticed changes that say it will handle variable bit mp3 files better. So maybe this problem will end in the near future. I had it happen to me as well

I had the same problem with MP3 files. Converted everything to a wave file and it runs perfect every time.

I have converted my file to WAV and the problem has disappeared. Thank you so much! I freaked out yesterday as I've invested a ton of time and money building a couple of pretty elaborate displays that really need to be perfectly timed to function properly!