Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Imua

KY01: Hardware Utility issues while updating firmware

Report Number:  KY01

Module:  Hardware Utility

Software:  3.10.2

Description:  Updated firmware for CCR, CCB and CTB16G3.  Connected one device at a time and updated firmware via software.  After 6 updates, LOR software was not responsive and automatically shut down.  Restarted and software opened up fine.

Repeatibility:  Updated 6 CCR's then software shutdown.  Restarted and updated another 6 CCR's and software shutdown.  Restarted and updated 2 CCR's, 1 CCB and 3 Controllers and software shutdown.  Restarted and updated 6 controllers and software shutdown.   Updated 2 more controllers and was done with firmware updates.  Problem occured consecutively four times.

Hardware Used:  CCR, CCB and CTB16G3

Hmmm... is it possible that the comm line is close to sources of EMF, or not well-shielded?

Do you remember what (if anything) it said when it shut down?

I believe it indicated "LOR has stopped working and is shutting down"  I have four dedicated COMM ports; one for each network and using CAT5 cables from LOR.  I haven't had any problems running shows the past couple of years.

I'm reluctant to ask you to try again, since you've got it working and I don't want my suggestions to break it, but if you're willing to take the risk:

I presume you did all controllers over a single adapter? What happens if you use a different adapter? A different line? A different USB port?

It all seems to be working fine, the only problem was the software shutting down and having to restart it.  After updating the firmware I checked the hardware and the latest version of the firmware was listed.  After restarting it I was able to update the firmware six more times then it shut down and I just restarted it again.  All the LOR Controllers are on one network from a single adapter.  Six CCR's are on one network and another 6 CCR's are on a different network.  The fourth network has a CCB.  Each network is coming of a different USB port.