Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to buy off season lights (M5/M6 mini LED light strings)

jkroha

I just purchased a few Halloween singing faces from holidaycoro, and I greatly underestimated how hard it was to find the mini lights I want to use.  I am looking for about 25-30 100 led light strings (orange or white I can paint), plus a bunch of 50's in various colors.  I was hoping for bulk rates or off season sales, but I am mainly finding out of stock or high prices.  Should I wait until closer to Halloween?  Any favorite shopping places?  Before this I always got my lights half off from big retail store after Christmas, so I may just be in sticker shock, but it is running over 18 bucks a string for even 70 light strings at multiple stores:(

I suppose I could try incandescent's, but I like the thought of not having to mess with a blown bulb for a while, since inserting all the bulbs looks.... involved :),   Also they are not in stock most places either, or really short 25-35 bulb strings.

I used HLE (Holiday Light Express) for my Halloween fixtures. They say I am suppose to get them in July. However, they don't have a 25 count string, so I'll have to use a 35 count.

Give Reinders.com a shot, they had a unadvertised preseason sale that ended mid June on orders of at least 6 strings of M5 mini lights.  I was able to buy Red and Orange M5 Mini LED Lights, 70 bulb, Green wire strings @ $8.99/string, Purple @ $13.05/string, Blue and Green @ $10.58/string, Warm White and Pure White strings @ $11.25/string.  They don't carry any LED strings other than 70 bulb.  After I placed my order, within 24 hours the lights shipped and I had them within a week.  They don't list prices on their website but if you email requesting a quote they are quick to get back to you.  I have ordered 54 strings of lights from them without a single issue.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks, HLE came in a few hundred cheaper, still a shock for someone used to the after Christmas buck a strand sales, but a few hundred saved is more I can spend later... er I mean save, yeah :)

• 3 years later...
On 6/26/2013 at 2:47 PM, indi said:

I used HLE (Holiday Light Express) for my Halloween fixtures. They say I am suppose to get them in July. However, they don't have a 25 count string, so I'll have to use a 35 count.

there is a site out there that sells black caps for LED strings so you can cap off the extra.  I think it's this one http://www.christmas-leds.com/default_v3.aspx

On 7/24/2013 at 11:46 AM, jkroha said:

Just wanted to say thanks, HLE came in a few hundred cheaper, still a shock for someone used to the after Christmas buck a strand sales, but a few hundred saved is more I can spend later... er I mean save, yeah :)

the quality is so much better from HLE then the buck a box from the big box stores.  Have been running HLE led stuff now for 4+ years, almost all of the buck a box stuff is in the local landfill.

• 2 weeks later...

Just another supporter of HLE... 4 Christmas' , no failures. I do wish they would add a few special items - tree truck wrap for example.