Light-O-Rama Forums

so i was thinking

kissfan4

so i was thinking of some things that would be useful while sequencing. I dont think these exist in any versions seeing how i only have the basic. but how nice would it be if you could play the song and insert timing on say the drums, then play the song again and insert timings on vocal cues, and so on and so forth. Another idea is instead of the white timing marks, being able to insert different color timing marks which i think would make it easier to lay out your show.Just some thoughts....

right, but it just inserts the timing mark, and once you run through the song you either have to save it or start over. then the only way to insert more timings is to insert at the cursor or at a certain time. The way i am thinking is almost like a multi track for music if you are familiar with that. they record the vocals, separate from the drums and guitar. then once they have it the way they want, they merge it all together.

just use the tap wizard on a number of dummy tracks?  Insert blank channels and name them say drums, vocals, percussion and so on.  Then use the tapper on each one.

just use the tap wizard on a number of dummy tracks?  Insert blank channels and name them say drums, vocals, percussion and so on.  Then use the tapper on each one.

What he said!!

but then how do i combine them? this is making me feel stupid that i dont know how to do this lol

If you are wanting to isolate the beats why would you combine them.  you use tapper wizard to lay down the beats for the four things you want then using "select row" plus "copy/paste" you copy the beat to the prop you want using it.

Different tracks would work, but I think it might be better to use different timing grids.  You can have any number of timing grids in a sequence, and can switch back and forth between which is currently displayed quickly and easily: In the toolbar, there's a button labeled "Timings", and to the right of that is a dropdown box that lists the timing grids in the current sequence.  Pick a different entry in that dropdown box, and that timing grid appears on your sequence.