Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BryanV1

[CLOSED] VB01: 3.10 Beta Load Bug

Report Number: VB01

Module: Loader

Software Version: 3.10

OS Version: Windows 7 Home Premium  64 bit

Description:after running LOR-3.10.0-Beta.exe and the opening Sequence editor on the last step (Finish) I git the following error LOR Post:  Error: Path/File access error on Step: Install Demos.  If I click ok and attempt to load Sequence Editor I get the error Light-O-Rama is not correctly installed.

Repeatability: When you try to re do the install and select repair or modify I get the same error.

Did you have another version installed previously? If so, do you remember what version?

What directory are you telling it to use as your data directory? Does that directory exist? Does the Windows user account you're running under have access to it?

What happens if you tell it to use a different directory, that you know exists and that you know your user account has access to?

Could you please try the following and email the results to me (bob@lightorama.com):

(1) Run the LOR Diagnostic tool.  It should start gathering info immediately after you start it up (i.e. you don't have to ask it to do so).  When it displays a bunch of info (which may take several seconds), use the "Copy" or "Save" button to either copy the info to your Windows clipboard or else save the info to a disk file, and then email that to me.

(2) Run the LOR Verifier tool.  Click on the "Verify" button, and after it completes (which may take a while), use the "Save" button to save its output to a disk file, and then email that file to me.

Thanks.

I was running LOR 3.9.  When i looked at the properties on the directory it was somhow marked as hidden.  Once I clicked on that the install worked.  Thanks

OK, I am going to close this report up.  Thanks.