Light-O-Rama Forums

Sandevices and standard RGB strip

Caleb Linburg

This is an e-mail from Jim about the same thing. The strips you're looking at are what appear to be "dumb RGB". I asked him basically the same question and the following was his reply.

Hope this helps,

Ron

----- Original Message ----
> From: Jim St. John <
jim@sandevices.com>
> To:
Ronald Boyd
Sent:
Fri, June 7, 2013 11:25:42 AM
Subject: Re: Delimma

Hi Ron,
Re the dumb pixels, each of those strings will need a 3-channel DMX controller. Those controllers can be driven from the E682. You could split them on different outputs, or put them all on 1 by setting a different dmx start address in each of the dumb pixel controllers.

-jim-

Edited by Ron Boyd

need to make sure that the plug you are using for the dumb controller has the jumper on  j22  there are 4 jumpers  I use 1 and 2 for my smart strips no jumper on  the 2nd 2 I use for my dumb pixels  ie 3 channel the jumper is on both pins  its in the documentation I had to read it to find out why my dumb pixels were not working and figured it out so don't feel lost cause I was  LOL

you need a 3 channel controller for them you cannot hook them straight up to the sandevice I tried that and it don't work you will problably not get them to work if they do they will only be white

the dmx 3 channel I used was from holiday coro I used 2 wires for power the other 2 are for data and clock

the 4 coming out the other end hook to the strip  it shows the hookup on the controller itself they run I think around 10$ or less apeice

Edited by john fulkerson

what ron said is basically the same thing  hope I didn't confuse lol

Edited by john fulkerson

I love my ps1  682 sandevice I tried it with 12 smart strings in dmx mode and it actually runs my superstar sequences better than the ccr controllers

• Like 1

• The topic was locked