Light-O-Rama Forums

New Feature

dougd

I actually have the core pieces of the feature already working on my computer. But it will still take a few weeks to finish because there are some other features that are important to have in order to make this feature useful. What I am working on now is the ability to import 2 visualizations, one that is used to determine how to layout the sequencing grid and one that is laid out the way your real display is laid out. This is important to have because for the "visualization effects" to work you need a visualization laid out the way your real lights are laid out. But it is also important to have the sequencing grid laid out in a logical manner for when you do all the other effects.

A problem i see is license level. Current max level is 24x50 which is 1,200 pixels. New level is 40 which will be 2,000 pixels. When you start talking about super star and whole displays I am sure we will go past 2,000 pixels.

I vote Doug in for Beta testing... LOL Thanks for the update Brian and can't wait to use the new updates.

Jeff

A problem i see is license level. Current max level is 24x50 which is 1,200 pixels. New level is 40 which will be 2,000 pixels. When you start talking about super star and whole displays I am sure we will go past 2,000 pixels.

Yeah. My display this year is at 1500+ pixels and planning a matrix next year of almost 700 pixels, not to mention a fan or 2 of about 160 pixels apiece. Yep I'll be way over 2k

• 3 weeks later...

Version 3.10.8 has been released as a beta.  Announcement here.

3.10.8 has the VisEffects feature which allows you to apply a morph to the visualization instead of the sequencing grid. This makes it easy to do a smooth sweep across all of the lights in your display.

This release also gives the ability to import two visualizations, one that is laid out in rows that will be used to determine the layout in the sequencing grid, the other visualization is your "real" visualization that reflects how your display actually appears.

The release also has many bug fixes which are listed in the release announcement. If there are no problems found in the beta release it will be released as a general release.

Jeff, you're gonna like the vis effects. Im doing a talk on Superstar at the mini to go over some things that I've learned this year. I have sequenced my whole show with Superstar including my LED Mega tree. If there's anything in particular you would like to know about, send me a pm and ill put it in my talk. See you on the 14th

Edited by Ron Boyd

This spring, Andy posted a live feed, maybe we can talk him into doing that again. If we do i imagine it can be recorded and we can post it somewhere.

Version 3.10.8 has been released as a beta.  Announcement here.

3.10.8 has the VisEffects feature which allows you to apply a morph to the visualization instead of the sequencing grid. This makes it easy to do a smooth sweep across all of the lights in your display.

This release also gives the ability to import two visualizations, one that is laid out in rows that will be used to determine the layout in the sequencing grid, the other visualization is your "real" visualization that reflects how your display actually appears.

The release also has many bug fixes which are listed in the release announcement. If there are no problems found in the beta release it will be released as a general release.

Does this work with normal lights too? Most of mt display has w r b g and I have done some sweeps the old fashioned way but this sounds easier...

Yes, the visEffects work for regular lights as well. There is a sample sequence which has visEffects on candy canes. The visEffects are towards the end of the sample sequence. To play the sample sequence

1) launch superstar

2) click of the file menu and select "Open"

3) navigate to the "Samples" folder

4) Open the file "CandyCanes_sample.sup"

5) Play the file

• 2 weeks later...

Ron,

Sorry I did not get to make it there. Bossman came into town and we drove over to New Orleans for four days... LOL

Jeff