Light-O-Rama Forums

Which controler to buy in the summer sale.

Bustluvr

I am wondering which controller to buy in the summer sale. my light display 99% LED. i have a dedicated laptop for my show. But for the first year i was thinking purchasing  light show music that has all ready been designed. Then later on use the LOR  software i have purchased to do my own light show to music. which controllers are designed to do this task . i am looking at buy 3 controllers.

CTB16PC unless you are going commercial.

You will need the software to run the purchased squences (download the software and play with it. You can find a lot of free stuff).

These are just my thoughts

• Like 1

If you are buying sequences from the LOR Sequence store, please know/remember that if you purchase a 'Ready To Go' sequence, you will not be able to modify it. You would need to purchase a 'You can modify' sequence in order to make any changes to it.

i have bought the software the advance version. so the sequence i buy i load it in the software? sounds easy. HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA thank you for the info

i have bought the software the advance version. so the sequence i buy i load it in the software? sounds easy. HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA thank you for the info

depending on where you bought the software, controller, and sequence it can be pretty easy.  I bought all my stuff from WoWLights, they use an installer program on their sequences which loads there sequences and music to the LOR default locations (c:\lor\sequences for sequences and c:\lor\audio for mp3's).  You are not tied to using the default locations, I setup my locations by season.  Once downloaded and installed it is just a matter of going into the sequence editor and picking the song to play and tinker with in the sequence editor.  The sequence editor has an animation screen so you can see how the props behave based on what the sequence is doing at a particular time.

• Like 1

If it was me I would get 1 or 2 of the CTB16PC non solder kits. If you have 2 you'll always have a backup unit.  

I had a spare card on hand just incase.

Never used it.