Light-O-Rama Forums

Some CCB's not working

T17443

I am having a similar issue with my CCBs. I have my normal Light-O-Rama controllers on the regular network (COM 5), six CCB controllers on AUX A (COM 6), and six additional CCB'S controllers on AUX B (COM 7). The CCBs are all new this year so this is the trial run. The first green light on each string show up when powered up. All show up in the hardware utility fine and the lights can be tested. When I check the controller configuration in the sequence editor all controllers show up on the regular network and the CCB controllers show up as their respective AUX networks. When I play a sequence everything works fine except for the first three controllers in AUX A. They do nothing. I am out of ideas. Any guidance?

I don't suppose you are running any of these at the new 500k speeds, are you? If so, you might consider reconfiguring for 57.6k and test again.

(And are you still running 3.2.4?)

I am running the 3.9.0 version of the software so should be OK there. I am running at 500k speed. I will change the speed back to 57.6k tonight to see if that helps. Thanks.

I dropped the speed back to 57.6k and all controllers worked fine. The various instructions worked fine as long as it was pretty simple programming. Once the morphs increased in frequency the display got real choppy and the white showed up as multicolor (individual bulbs were different colors). I increased the speed to 115.4k and all controllers continued to work and the graphics were better, but still choppy. Went back to 500k and the graphics were perfect, but the first 3 controllers in line locked up again after about 2 seconds. These are band new CCBs and controllers and have the 1.16 firmware in the controllers. Any other ideas? Would it help to put 4 controllers on each aux network as opposed to 6 so I can try to run 500k speed?

Few things to try:

1) Do a reset on the troublesome CCR controllers.

2) Try updating the CCR controllers to the latest firmware version (1.17)

3) Wait until LOR released USB adapters that are designed for 500k. (I wish I knew when that was.) Right now it seems to be hit or miss with regards to USB adapters currently released being able to handle the 500k speeds.

Ack ... got acronyms mixed up. 

1) Do a reset on the troublesome CCB controllers.

2) Try updating the CCB controllers to the latest firmware version (1.16)

3) Wait until LOR released USB adapters that are designed for 500k. (I wish I knew when that was.) Right now it seems to be hit or miss with regards to USB adapters currently released being able to handle the 500k speeds.

If you can, swap the unit IDs on the 6 units on Aux A such that the ones that don't work have the unit IDs of the ones that do and vice-versa. Does the problem stay with the physical controllers or does it stay with the unit IDs? Also, what does lock-up mean exactly -- what is the status LED doing when the controllers are locked up?

• 1 month later...

I have changed unit IDs and physical location of the controllers and CCB strings. The problem does not follow the string or the controller. The problem always occurs with the first three CCB controllers on my first AUX network. The status light shows the controller is on-line and working, but none of the bulbs in the string light. If I reduce the networks speed to anything under 500k they begin working without resetting them. However, then I have the issue of all strings being choppy when there are a lot of concurrent elements. The biggest issue I see at slower speed is elements that are programmed as white look multi-color showing up as reds, blues, and greens. Almost like all diodes are not illuminating properly.

If you have more than one USB adapter, I would try swapping those. It sounds like there is no problem with the controllers, but something bad is happening to the data. The fact that it works properly at 115.2 would indicate that the sequence is probably OK. Maybe the adapter you're using is on the edge for 500K support. Older adapters did not have transceivers spec'd for over 250K, but they usually work.

Tried that as well. I have 3 of the original ones. They all acted the same way. New HS adapter should be here in the next week. Will give that a try.

• 1 month later...

Updated firmware in the controllers and using high speed adapters. All CCB' running like a champion at 500k. Come on December!

• 2 months later...

I am having an odd issue as well that I was hoping someone could help me out with. There is one bulb in my CCB string that shows up a different color than programmed. For instance, when they are all white, bulb 16 shows up pink. When they are all yellow, bulb 16 shows up as red. However, when the string is blue or purple, bulb 16 shows the correct color, also, when the rest of the string is green, bulb 16 doesn't show a color at all.

In sequence editor, there is nothing different about bulb 16 than any other bulb in the string as far as programming is concerned.

I am on CCB firmware version 1.16, SE 3.10.6 Advanced, and have tried switching the network speed between 57.6, 115.4, and 500k, and still have the same issue. The CCB controller is configured for Dual Normal mode and Flip String 1 / Ribbon is checked.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sounds like a defective pixel.   What happens when you do a test chase by holding down the button in the controller and supplying  power.  Does the green light work in the test mode? 

I think you might need to open a help ticket.

Steve

Sounds like a defective pixel.   What happens when you do a test chase by holding down the button in the controller and supplying  power.  Does the green light work in the test mode? 

I think you might need to open a help ticket.

Steve

Steve, you are correct. When doing a test chase, red and blue show up, but green does not. I will open a ticket. Thanks!

• The topic was locked