Light-O-Rama Forums
sharpsvillelights

How to Build a CCR/CCP Mega Tree Structure

I am looking for ideas on how to build the mega tree infrastructure to support LOR CCP lights.  The following are my criteria.

- I will be using 1/2 string lights (25 lights per segment).

- Tree will be 9-10' tall. 

- The tree will be completely flat with no bends soas to better display text.

- I will be shortening the distance between the bulbs from 6" to 4" to get a better resolution. 

- I want to make sure the bulbs are secured so they alway face the audience for better visability.

The following is an idea I have.

- Using a snow fence (found at Lowes) and attaching a plastic mesh material over it.  This will allow the wind to pass thru. 

- The bulbs would be pushed thru the plastic mesh and secured with washers.   

- String plastic coated galvenized wire thru the snow fence to attach to top and bottom.

I would love to know what others have done to secure the lights.

I used this method for my pixel tree, except I zip tied the pixel strands to the 1/8" rope and then put the wire loom over the rope and pixel strands. I will be testing in the next few weeks to see how it will look. I have to get my base and center pole built. My yard is on a slope, so I'll have to come up with a different way to build my pole a base.

Try Magicchristmasnews.org (Monkhouse) he does a tree using 5/8" banding strap. Pretty cool.

I built the dual stage 28' telescoping pole with the portable hole from Monkhouse for a 360 degree CCB tree. It work better than I could have hoped. Excellent design, you won't be disappointed.