Light-O-Rama Forums

Any Word Yet?

Jeff Messer

Sharon tells people that it's my self-portrait. 

People who've seen me say the house face is far better looking.

This has gotten WAY hijacked. LOR talk to us!! This is like trying to get an answer out of your wife's divorce lawyer!

• Like 3

This has gotten WAY hijacked. LOR talk to us!! This is like trying to get an answer out of your wife's divorce lawyer!

have actually had more success with that than getting anything new out of LOR.

Maybe LOR has nothing to say because they have nothing in the works.   Just a thought.

That is what happens when not rereading before I post. Thanks SFD. 

Edited by shfr26

That is what happens when not rereading before I post. Thanks SFD. 

Leads one to wonder...

We now know what an "askhole" is...

Now maybe we need to add a "posthole" to the list.

• Like 3

Leads one to wonder...

roflmao!!!

Leads one to wonder...

Good one George!!!!!!  LMAO

Leads one to wonder...

Now maybe we need to add a "post hole" to the list.

And still no word from the LOR folks, "post hole", is minor, the hole that LOR is digging keeps getting deeper

Talk about silence ... this is the only thread with any activity about s3 since may 9th. That kind of silence speaks volumes about the interest in LOR!

I'll be willing to bet we DO NOT hear anything until the expo in Tennessee in mid July.  Too bad that will be too late for a whole bunch of people.  Maybe they figure the ones that leave will be replaced with new people.  Too many veterans go away and the knowledge base goes way down.  Just my opinion.

You won't hear a word from LOR until the release announcement comes. Over the years everytime LOR has even hinted at release dates for software or firmware updates they have been thoroughly beat up and kicked in the teeth on these boards for being even one day later than their projection or target. I think they finally learned their lesson and are keeping their mouth shut... which ironically... is causing them to get beat up and kicked in the teeth on this board! You can't win for losing.

• Like 1

You won't hear a word from LOR until the release announcement comes. Over the years everytime LOR has even hinted at release dates for software or firmware updates they have been thoroughly beat up and kicked in the teeth on these boards for being even one day later than their projection or target. I think they finally learned their lesson and are keeping their mouth shut... which ironically... is causing them to get beat up and kicked in the teeth on this board! You can't win for losing.

So I guess LOR has no idea of when it's customers need to have some type of information so they can plan their dispaly.  I find that hard to believe.   This is not the first year that the information has not been passed along.  I'm not saying, "We need to know exactly what is going on ", just a general idea, say maybe, LOR could say , we are working on such and such and will  keep you informed.  Not "It will be done by "x" date.  Pixels are a BIG thing this year and from what I have heard from several people and they need to have some idea of what LOR is going to have to offer.  I can understand not saying anything to let the competion know, but if they wait too long, it may be too late.   A little info is better than making customers beg for it and not get any info.

• Like 1

At this time I have 3.9 and will build my display so 3.9 can run it. I have very little sequecing to do and my show will be ready for Christmas. If LOR comes out with a upgrade that will be great if not I am ready with the lastest version.

Jeff

At this time I have 3.9 and will build my display so 3.9 can run it. I have very little sequecing to do and my show will be ready for Christmas. If LOR comes out with a upgrade that will be great if not I am ready with the lastest version.

Jeff

I agree. My software is 3.9. I could not wait on something that may come in the form of software. I have been sequencing since Feb. and only half done. Thankfully, from here on out it will be adding more pixels to the display and to the sequencing already in place. My show will go with about 25% Led and the rest is Pixels or RGB. I'm not gonna stress about what is coming. Im using what I have. I for one, will stay with LOR as long as my show can continue to run with LOR software.

Whether its this year or next, LOR will still be my software of choice. Of course, like everyone else, I checked out LSP, Madrix, Hls. What I found out is I needed a degree in pc programming to figure the others out. I do use Nutcracker from time to time, but 90% of my sequencing is with Superstar.

IMHO, LOR can take the time they need. I would rather wait and get something that's ready than to get something that needs a bunch of updates to get it to run right.

Just my take on this thread. Take it how you want. I'll continue waiting and continue with my 2013 plans as is.

Edited by Ron Boyd
  • Like 3

I finished adding my 3,300 pixels to my channel config today. I am over 10,000 channels now. Did a sequence today and it played perfectly. Biggest problem I had was importing in the channel config, have to admit it took about 45 seconds before it imported, after that sequencing and playback was business as usual. 

I am moving forward with the thinking that there will be an upgrade of some sort this year, when it happens I will upgrade and continue on the path of creating my show for this coming year.

• Like 1