Light-O-Rama Forums

Any Word Yet?

Jeff Messer

I agree. My software is 3.9. I could not wait on something that may come in the form of software. I have been sequencing since Feb. and only half done. Thankfully, from here on out it will be adding more pixels to the display and to the sequencing already in place. My show will go with about 25% Led and the rest is Pixels or RGB. I'm not gonna stress about what is coming. Im using what I have. I for one, will stay with LOR as long as my show can continue to run with LOR software. Whether its this year or next, LOR will still be my software of choice. Of course, like everyone else, I checked out LSP, Madrix, Hls. What I found out is I needed a degree in pc programming to figure the others out. I do use Nutcracker from time to time, but 90% of my sequencing is with Superstar. IMHO, LOR can take the time they need. I would rather wait and get something that's ready than to get something that needs a bunch of updates to get it to run right. Just my take on this thread. Take it how you want. I'll continue waiting and continue with my 2013 plans as is.

+1

Well said.

+1 Agree and Rock On. Keeping an Eye on Doug's display.. LOL

Jeff

We have a number of projects in the works. Many are complete and will be in beta soon others are in different stages of development. Some have to do with pixel support and some do not If you have any particular enhancements you would like to see please send those requests to WishList@lightorama.com  and in particular if you have a pixel related software enhancement you would like to see, please send that to PixelWishList@lightorama.com … We are moving to an open beta model rather the current closed beta. We are looking to have a beta release within 2 weeks. 

Some of the things going on at LOR (in no particular order).

… Improved mediahandling:  Several internal functions have been changed to expand compatibility with differing media.  This includes the handling of problematic MP3s, and expanding the use of wizards (Beat, VU, etc) to more than just MP3 files - including video.

… New effects in Super Star for Pixel Devices.

… More efficient memory usage in Super Star ( helps with higher channel
counts ).

… New fonts supported in Super Star

… Gen3, 8 channel AC card, Gen3 version of LOR800W

… New RGB hardware devices ( will be announced soon )

… 24 channel DC card with outputs arranged for use with RGB devices ( +,
R, G, B )… Screw terminals lower cost per channel than current DC card.

… New Gen3, Mini-MP3 director

… New data protocol that is designed specifically for RGB pixel type
devices that increases efficiency as compared to existing LOR or DMX protocols.

… Audio normalization to help keep all songs in a show at the same
volume

… New sequence installer for purchased sequences

… Improved Media support during show building:  When building shows for MP3 Directors, compatibility has been expanded to include additional media types other than MP3.  If a sequence is added to a show going to an MP3 director, and if that media is not in the correct format, the Hardware Utility and the Simple Show Builder will automatically convert that media to a properly formatted MP3.  This includes, if needed, extracting audio from video media.

… A number of changes to the LOR show player that have to do with memory efficiency and data caching. Fixes to all reproducible memory leaks and automatic leak detection and correction.

… A number of usability enhancements in the Sequence Editor.

… Enhancements to the Sequence Editor to help with support of higher channel counts.

Thanks Dan.

Looks like, to me, we, that are moving to pixels and high channel counts may get Christmas early this year. I had complete faith in LOR and as per my previous post, will be continuing with LOR.

Kind of reminds me of the old adage, "Live within your means". Change the wording to "Do your show with what you know". Hey I made that rhyme.:-).

Now Ron, get back to sequencing.

Thank you for the update. :wub:  I can wait now.

And can we all agree to not get all "grumbly" :angry: if one or two features fall behind with issues that arise in beta testing?

Audio normalizing...wow! I didn't even know I needed that.

This is what we would like hearing from you Dan!  I know how we all get busy with what is going on behind the scenes.  Please...please send out communications every once in awhile.  Thx!

Thanks for the updates Dan!  Open beta?  Looking forward to more details on that.  

Thanks Dan, that's the kind of information I was looking for. It makes it so much easier to wait for an update when you know something is being done, rather than no information for extended periods of time. Thanks again, and please, please keep us up to date.

John

WOW. Great to see it is all going well and can't wait to support LOR.. WTG Dan and thanks for the update.

Jeff

Hopefully the new RGB protocol stores all sequences in a far more efficient way ... thats the biggest thing I saw on the list.  If they don't get the core program moving faster using pixels (not just LOR pixels) then they will lose even users like me, who refuse to change.  Last year with around 4k channels, it was taking me 2-3 minutes to load and save.  That was bearable, but just barely.  I'm looking at alomost 16k channels this year and cringing at the load times.   All the other alternatives have serious downsides also.  I've been pretty happy getting the yearly LOR upgrade and finding out I can survive another year!  I hope thats the case again.  Thanks Dan.  

• 4 weeks later...

I hope any new protocol features,memory fixes and performance has something to do with helping DMX flow smoother.

Any word on when LOR will have an update out? My time is getting close if I have to make a software change. All props made and with over 500 channels of ac LOR and 7000 channels of pixel I am ready to rock. Jeff

That's some serious channels!!! Do you have videos of your work? Would love to see!

• Like 1

Youtube under MegaJeffreyM and vimeo under Jeff Messer.. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Messer