Light-O-Rama Forums

Dual Monitors

jallenl

Is it possible to run two instances of LOR on separate monitors?   Or is it possible to run a different sequence on two monitors, can't seem to drag a sequence to the number two monitor?  Need to update several sequences with an updated channel configuration.   Thought the best way would be to cut and paste between the existing sequence and a new one with the new channel configuration.  Made the mistake of updating my saved sequence with unique channel configurations as different elements were added.     Anyone have an easy solution?  Using 3.9.0.

I run dual monitors on my system, but remember there is still only one computer driving them. I believe you can only run one instance of LOR on one computer - dual monitors give you much more real estate, but still only one computer to run.

I do like using dual monitors - and can run LOR on one side, and other programs (music, other tools) all at the same time and see them all at the same time.

• Like 1

Srink your screen on one screen and stretch acoss to other screen. Open one sequence and place on the right side and opend next one and place on left side. resize as needed. Remember as stated about you only have 1 LOR open so you work back and forth as need. I do it all the time and it helps me. Enjoy.

Jeff

What I do in this scenario is, open both sequences on the same screen.  Shrink the master sequence so that only the channels and a very little bit of the grid is visible and slide it all the way to the left. Your copy sequence can take up the rest of the screen.  On your master sequence, right click on the grid  of the channel/s you want, select SELECT ROW, copy, and then paste in your new sequence.

Ideally, add your new elements at the bottom, that way it doesn't mess with your current work.

While I am sure not too many people need to do run 2 sequences againist each other, I find when I am rewriting a sequence it is very helpful to be able to run 2 sequences at the same time. By running them each on their own computer, I can play them at the same time and compare which sequence I like better at any point.

So when I want to run two sequences next to each other.. Lets call them New and Old... I run LOR on a second computer and remote into OLD  from the NEW computer.

This allows me to run 2 versions of LOR and even play them at the same time. You can even cut and paste from one screen to the other.

I would think a better solution would be if LOR could run as separate "sessions" on one PC, having LOR-A on screen one and LOR-B on screen two.  As it is now you can only run one LOR instance on a machine.

• Like 1