Light-O-Rama Forums

Finished my 2013 SuperStar Sequences

CraigK

Uberawsome! Never seen so many creative patterns. Very impressive. Fun to see others exploit the abilities of the software.

As for looking as good on real CCRs, it certainly will look awesome but I know when I play my sequences on the real CCRs there are always some changes I make. The real CCRs are brighter, and realize that the shimmer and twinkle effects are built into the hardware and SuperStar is doing its best to simulate them but it can't shimmer the pixels as fast as the hardware can so shimmer looks a bit different on the real CCRs.

Craig, great job, these look awesome.

Are my old eyes playing tricks on me again, or are you using 13 ribbons?  I've not seen that done before. 

Craig, great job, these look awesome.

Are my old eyes playing tricks on me again, or are you using 13 ribbons?  I've not seen that done before. 

Sharp eye, it wasn't by design.  I purchased 1 CCR when they were first released just to play with it. Then twice bought 6 more so I ended up with 13. Last year I used a horizontal grid with lots of text, with text the more CCRs the better.  This year I decided to go vertical and I liked having a center CCR to base some of the effects off of.

Craig,

Great job, this gives me the incentive to learn Super Star (been avoiding it).....nothing personal Brian......

Which version of Winter Wonderland are you using....I like that bluesy/rock sound

Craig,

Great job, this gives me the incentive to learn Super Star (been avoiding it).....nothing personal Brian......

Which version of Winter Wonderland are you using....I like that bluesy/rock sound

It's by Gary Hoey, album name is Ho! Ho! Hoey:The Complete Collection

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ARSALCC/ref=sr_1_album_2_rd?ie=UTF8&child=B00ARSASAM&qid=1367765177&sr=1-2

Great job. Love all the different patterns.  Make sure everything is set for superspeed, your going to need it!

Just Fantastic........How do you guys come up with these ideas for patterns...........Every time I decide to sit down and do some I just stare at the software and my brain does the Duh thing........Guess I'm in trouble, Are you for hire?

Just Fantastic........How do you guys come up with these ideas for patterns...........Every time I decide to sit down and do some I just stare at the software and my brain does the Duh thing........Guess I'm in trouble, Are you for hire?

For me, the best way to learn was to just start playing with the software. Many times I've tried something and then ended up deleting all of it and starting over. Sometimes the best part of a sequence happens on accident, if you don't have vision of the sequence before you start I would definitely concentrate on Morphs within SuperStar, there are just endless possibilities with morphs.

I have purchased sequences from Brian to get me started and then reviewed them in detail if there is a particular effect I want to duplicate. That's another way to learn if you don't have enough time to play with the software.

• 1 month later...

showoff LOL I guess I have to get my son to make one he's better at designs than I am I get frustrated to quick  Great Job  we should have a section where people share the way they do different effects so as to embed them in our own sequences just think of the outcome again looks great