Light-O-Rama Forums

Problem (purchase question)

Guest guest

Dan from LOR, if you're out there, please help! (and anybody else with an answer!)

I want to purchase the software now at the cheaper price so I can get the free upgrade when it comes out later.

I don't want to purchase my 16 channel controller until the big April sale.

Can I buy the "SPK-ST Outdoor Showtime Starter Package" now WITHOUT buying a controller? I really don't want to have to pay so much extra to buy each part of the start package seperately...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Can I throw in a "me too". It could be the PC special!

Or, a coupon for getting the software/starter at the current price when the sale comes along... (haven't bought any LOR yet, but I'm starting with a 5-pack, and trying really hard to keep the design to 80 channels)

Moving Target in NC

Well I wish I thought of asking that question a couple days ago.

I purchased the software to get a start on things. Then I purchased the little connector seperately to get even more ready. Since the LOR starter package deal couldn't be complete without the 16 channel controller, I wasn't sure but wanted to get the software before the price increase.

Dan, any relief on this deal for costumers like myself as well when controllers come available and I'm ready to order?

Thanks, Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

I purchased the software to get a start on things. Then I purchased the little connector seperately to get even more ready. Since the LOR starter package deal couldn't be complete without the 16 channel controller, I wasn't sure but wanted to get the software before the price increase.

We will cancel the order for the SC485 and change the software to a starter kit.

Here is the deal on starter kits... People that have called or wrote me have been getting the same explanation. If you order a starter kit now, you can download the software immediately. We will hold the SC485 and Cable until you order your first controller. We will then ship those parts of the starter kit. In addition we will remove the shipping/handling fee from the starter kit...

You cannot cancel the starter kit once you purchase it because you get the software as a download and I do not have a record of who did/did not download the software.

LightORama wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:

We will cancel the order for the SC485 and change the software to a starter kit.

Here is the deal on starter kits... People that have called or wrote me have been getting the same explanation. If you order a starter kit now, you can download the software immediately. We will hold the SC485 and Cable until you order your first controller. We will then ship those parts of the starter kit. In addition we will remove the shipping/handling fee from the starter kit...

You cannot cancel the starter kit once you purchase it because you get the software as a download and I do not have a record of who did/did not download the software.

Sounds fair to me. THANKS Dan

I'm sending a PM on a further question.

Thanks, Tom

Dan,

Does that LOR starter discount only work with the showtime products? I will be buying at least 5 of the CTB-16D (hobbiest version) when you have your sale this April and wasn't sure if the starter package discount works with those also.

Justin wrote:

Does anyone know the price range for the new software.

No one on earth knows that answer... It has not been decided... It will be more than $79.95 but I do not know how much more.

I can't wait till the april sale and intend on ordering the starter pack and a 16channel board as soon as they are back in stock... I read this should be Jan/Feb.. Will the software price increase happen before the boards are back in stock? I can wait for the software until the boards are back in stock as I am just playing with the demo but don't want to get hit by the price increase on the software...

Insane wrote:

I can't wait till the april sale and intend on ordering the starter pack and a 16channel board as soon as they are back in stock... I read this should be Jan/Feb.. Will the software price increase happen before the boards are back in stock? I can wait for the software until the boards are back in stock as I am just playing with the demo but don't want to get hit by the price increase on the software...

The software price increase will be in conjunction with the release of LOR II. I will give people here on PC plenty of warning prior to the increase.

So, if you purchase a starter kit now, you will get a free upgrade to the new software version when it is released? Then the parts will be shipped along with your first controller purchase?

Just want to clarify before I place my order.

Thanks

SVO4Turbo wrote:

So, if you purchase a starter kit now, you will get a free upgrade to the new software version when it is released? Then the parts will be shipped along with your first controller purchase?
That is correct.

waterfreak wrote:

dan, do you see a big problem this year with stock, i plan on ordering in april, i just dont wanna miss out.:)

I am not exactly sure what will happen this year. We are gearing up for a very very busy year. A HUGE number of people have emailed Light-O-Rama stating that they want to take their display to the next level in 2006. Well to accommodate them, Light-O-Rama is moving up to the next level...

We plan to have plenty of stock and are working now to get a reliable and robust supply chain up and running capable of handling what we believe will be "interesting" volumes this year.

LightORama wrote:

SVO4Turbo wrote:
That is correct.

Thanks. Order placed.

LightORama wrote:

Dan - is it too late for me?

I bought the software (only) a few days ago, not realizing this was an option. Your website clearly says that a controller has to be ordered at the same time as the starter kit, so I won't mind if you hold me to it, but thought I'd ask....