Light-O-Rama Forums

The West's Area 3522 (2013 Halloween Display)

Tracy West

The X-Files theme would be great for your display! Maybe Space Oddity by David Bowie, or the theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The X-Files theme would be great for your display! Maybe Space Oddity by David Bowie, or the theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Those all would be great!

I have 2001 on the fence. If I can get it done in time.  

• 2 weeks later...

Oh the things we can do with foil insulation and chrome duct tape! lol.gif

There is a learning curve to cutting and taping this stuff though! rolleyes2.gif

But it is going to look pretty good from a distance and when the lights and
fog are going. thumbsup.gif

2 down.... 10 more to cover! eek.gif

• Like 1

Good long weekend to get some projects done.

I was able to complete the dmx 27 channel controller kit and get  it running (Thank you Kevin for replacing the controller).

I hard wired the strobes underneath the spaceship and zip tied the cords.

I got more of the foiling done today and only lack a few in the back done.

I still have to get the fog hoses attached underneath the spaceship and redo the dome section where the alien head is. I cannot wait to see this thing lit up! B)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going crossed eyed working on these sequences! :wacko:

I totally commend you guys that program thousands of channel sequences! I jumped from about 120 channels this year to over 500 channels and I am exhausted from it already! I have about 30 mins of programming and it is taking me forever to do it with that many channels and variations.

I started just taking each section of the sequences and working through them one by one. Such as doing the face movements and then the house and yard lights, then the spaceships etc. Trying to do them all and scrolling up and down the screen makes me go crazy! :blink:

Is there anybody that has a more simplified way that you do your massive channel sequences? Always looking for ways to make this process faster.

• 2 weeks later...

3 sequences down... 3 to go! :huh:

Took forever to complete the 2112 sequence but I think it is going to come out good.

Again, I commend all of you 1000 channel programmers. Doing 500 + channels has been such a challenge!

Going to be a fun weekend. Going to Roswell New Mexico to find aliens and UFO props and get some more inspiration for the show.

• Like 1

3 sequences down... 3 to go! :huh:

Took forever to complete the 2112 sequence but I think it is going to come out good.

Again, I commend all of you 1000 channel programmers. Doing 500 + channels has been such a challenge!

Going to be a fun weekend. Going to Roswell New Mexico to find aliens and UFO props and get some more inspiration for the show.

sounds like a fun trip!

Great weekend in Roswell and Ruidoso! thumbsup.gif

We went to all the cheesy alien stores in Roswell to find signs and stuff and
then went on to Ruidoso for the hunt of Aliens. eek.gif

I can tell you if we owned one of those Alien gift stores we could do a much
better job. We could take those places to a whole new level. They need to put
the lights and effects on those displays to bring them to life and they don't.
rolleyes2.gif

Here is Marvin and Paul. Two aliens that I discovered in Ruidoso.

More Pics to come when I can clear out some of the older ones!

Here is some more pics of our great adventure!

We went to this place in Roswell called the Alien Zone that had this little cheesy display museum that we went through and took some pictures.

Like I said I could have done a better job by kicking their displays up a notch with our lighting and effects, but it was a lot of fun going through these places.

Here is some more pics of our great adventure!

We went to this place in Roswell called the Alien Zone that had this little cheesy display museum that we went through and took some pictures.

Like I said I could have done a better job by kicking their displays up a notch with our lighting and effects, but it was a lot of fun going through these places.

roflmao!!

I started working on my crashed spacecraft made out of particle wood this weekend and quickly realized my vision on paper and my reality on wood was not the same when it came to the lighting. My paper vision was about 60 lights and my reality was like 233 lights! :o

I had purchased prior to starting the project 100 rgb nodes and yesterday I had to ordered another 150 more! :blink:   

Oh well... Just $$. :huh:  The cool thing is that this crashed spaceship is going to be bright! :D

• Like 1

Happy 4th of July Earthlings! :lol:

Marvin and Paul are getting into the spirit of things!

This Fourth of July Weekend, I have been working hard on finishing spacecraft #2 (The Icarus I)

I am going to fire it up tonight.

Video sample to follow.

This Fourth of July Weekend, I have been working hard on finishing spacecraft #2 (The Icarus I)

I am going to fire it up tonight.

Video sample to follow.

can't wait!!

Here is my test run of the dmx 27 channel controller with my crashed UFO.

Still needs a lot of tweaking but I like how it is coming out.

More props and stuff to go!

http://youtu.be/pCrjGmQzB7c Mr. Roboto test

Hi Tracy, The UFO theme build is looking awesome. I was the guy that had the UFO over my roof last year. There are a ton of people on the LOR Facebook page. It would be great if you joined us there and post some build pictures.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

The pixel controller works great! :D

Here is some static pics of the UFO.

The chase of lights is what makes this thing come to life.

Hopefully this weekend I will be able to finish it out and have all the lights, strobes and fog working to really have a test flight! B)