Light-O-Rama Forums

The West's Area 3522 (2013 Halloween Display)

Tracy West

I understand Tracy,

I've had them come several times in the past. My display wasn't as much or animated as yours but it was nice for them to do some coverage on my haunt. Makes it all worth while. That and seeing the kids screaming, er I mean smiling and having a good time.

Sure wished I could see your display in person. You couldn't get rid of me. :)

• Like 1

I would be standing right there by you!

I have not gotten sick of standing out there with the crowd watching the show! :D

The UFO came out excellent Tracy. Love the theme too. The lasers were a nice touch as well. What kind of lasers were you using? Are they DMX? Waterproof? Anyway, Great Job!

Thank you all!

I try to go against the grain and not do the same stuff or the trendy stuff with my shows. I just go with my old school rock and what I like.

The laser are SHINP DL55's, DMX controlled. Nothing is waterproof! I would love more powerful ones. Maybe next year.

I bring in all my stage lights, lasers and fog machines every night. It is a nightly ritual I do for two weeks but I don't mind.

Boo! One of my vertical fog machines stopped firing fog. You can still hear the pump but noda.

I am going to take it apart tomorrow and see if it is just clogged. I hope so.

RIP Vertical Fogger!!! :(

I have used them super hard for two years now and one bit the dust last night!

I have pulled it apart and cleaned it and tried to get it to push the vinegar solution through but nope.

It wants to fire and the pump is working great... but no fog!

I just got to get my other vertical fogger going for 5 more nights.

Those have been great foggers and for an off brand have kicked Chauvet's butt. I have buried more Chauvets after one year of use regardless of trying to keep them clean and in climate controlled settings.

RIP Vertical Fogger!!! :(

I have used them super hard for two years now and one bit the dust last night!

I have pulled it apart and cleaned it and tried to get it to push the vinegar solution through but nope.

It wants to fire and the pump is working great... but no fog!

I just got to get my other vertical fogger going for 5 more nights.

Those have been great foggers and for an off brand have kicked Chauvet's butt. I have buried more Chauvets after one year of use regardless of trying to keep them clean and in climate controlled settings.

Tracy, I had the same thing happen to me last night.

The pump is running but no fog. it's a cheap model so I'm not too ticked off. Plus I have back up foggers just in case.

I've had so many RIP foggers in the past 20 years but yet they all seem to stop fogging after several years, even cleaning them doesn't seem to help.

I think it's the diaphragm in the pump that goes out.

One other thing I learned years ago. Fog juice has a shelf life and can ruin foggers as well. I even called Chauvet Co. and they said yep, there is a shelf life. Too bad they don't advertise it.

I'm going to pick up some more when everything goes half off next Friday.

Tracy, I had the same thing happen to me last night.

The pump is running but no fog. it's a cheap model so I'm not too ticked off. Plus I have back up foggers just in case.

I've had so many RIP foggers in the past 20 years but yet they all seem to stop fogging after several years, even cleaning them doesn't seem to help.

I think it's the diaphragm in the pump that goes out.

One other thing I learned years ago. Fog juice has a shelf life and can ruin foggers as well. I even called Chauvet Co. and they said yep, there is a shelf life. Too bad they don't advertise it.

I'm going to pick up some more when everything goes half off next Friday.

I will be right in line before they open next Friday too for fog juice!

I have back up standard foggers but they are not the same as my DMX controlled verticals that shoot straight up.

I have to have that effect for my UFO.

The surviving vertical just has to make it five more evenings and then it can be buried with it's partner.

May the force be with me and my fog machine! :o

All this work comes to an end tonight. frown.gif

The weather has not been a friend this week either and the wind is going to blow here all day! frown.gif

Not really sure what to expect in the way of Trick or Treating tonight because of the weather and it being a weekday, but I am prepared one way or the other.

Everybody have a happy and safe Halloween!

I feel your pain Tracy. Halloween ends too soon.

Not every year we see good weather but luckily the TOTs going to your house will make up for the bad weather. It's like a reward for all the hard work to see children's "smiling" faces (and the parents "wow" faces). 

We haunters expect to put on the best haunt with the best weather in mind. But the TOTs will enjoy your show no matter the weather conditions because your show kicks butt no matter what.

I wish you a super Halloween evening and hope the weather works your way.

And you too have a happy and safe Halloween.

And one more thing. Thank you again for including us on your Halloween project. It is soooooo cool.

Tom

• Like 1

The Last Night was WILD!

The wind died down right at sunset and the night was perfect for the show and for Trick or Treating! thumbsup.gif

We ran through our 800 bags of candy and 1300 glow sticks. biggrin.gif

We ended up with just about 1000 Trick or Treater's mmm_beer.gif

We ended the fun at 10 and my wife and I were exhausted but we had a blast!

I did not get pictures this year of the crowd because of being too busy passing out the candy but it was steady from 7:30 to 10:00.

Today is tear down day (weekend too).

Not sure about next year. I am considering taking a year off to research and learn new lighting programs and such.

But this year was great!

• Like 1

The Last Night was WILD!

The wind died down right at sunset and the night was perfect for the show and for Trick or Treating! thumbsup.gif

We ran through our 800 bags of candy and 1300 glow sticks. biggrin.gif

We ended up with just about 1000 Trick or Treater's mmm_beer.gif

We ended the fun at 10 and my wife and I were exhausted but we had a blast!

I did not get pictures this year of the crowd because of being too busy passing out the candy but it was steady from 7:30 to 10:00.

Today is tear down day (weekend too).

Not sure about next year. I am considering taking a year off to research and learn new lighting programs and such.

But this year was great!

Same here, a great night it was.  Big G was the big hit and had the most pics taken followed closely by the chocolate chip cookie scent coming from the fog machine!!

The weather finally cleared Thursday afternoon, after 2 days of solid rains everything was soaked, several of animatronics did not work but overall the show went on. Lots of kids and parents showed up so Halloween was not ruined. We had 5 neighbors sitting in lawn chairs in front of my house on the street passing out candy so one stop and lots of goodies. Tear down started Friday some things I had to hang up to dry off before packing up for next year. Funny how many people were asking me Thursday night when I would have Christmas shows up and running and what I was adding and changing up for this year. I am going to take off a week before Christmas lights start to go up on the  house and all the tree and ladder work before Thanksgiving gets here. Still have a few bags of candy left.

6 days to build up the Halloween display and 2 full days to tear down and put away!

Paul has left the planet!

Cheers to all who worked hard this year to give their communities something to smile about in these crazy times. :D

• Like 1

So I gotta ask. What does Tracey's yard look like without a spaceship in it? :)

After all, since April, I haven't visualized anything but that spaceship.

I know it's a lot of work to set up and a 1/4 the time to take down. Thank god it isn't as slow going down just because I'm so tired after setting up.

• Like 1

So I gotta ask. What does Tracey's yard look like without a spaceship in it? :)

After all, since April, I haven't visualized anything but that spaceship.

I know it's a lot of work to set up and a 1/4 the time to take down. Thank god it isn't as slow going down just because I'm so tired after setting up.

I think he needs to send a pic of the yard without all the stuff, btw was that some sort of black backdrop up against the house?