Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Spotlight

Richard

Came across this the other day when looking for ways to spotlght my 3' tall white artifical trees...

http://seasonalentertainmentllc.com/rainbowspotlight.htm

...and was immediately intrigued at the idea of choosing any color I wanted to use in that aspect of the display. I understand that it will take three channels to control each light and that the LOR software is capable of doing so. What I don't understand is exactly how do the RGB lights connect to the LOR controller. Can anyone help?

I use the 1602 controllers. The spotlights will be purchased completely assemblied.

your going to need a DC lighting  controller. the one your using now is AC. LOR make a DC controler so do a lot of other venders that will still work with your LOR software. since the are several ways of doing this I recomend searching DC lighting or RGB. I have found a lot of info at auschristmaslighting.com

You could connect it to a number of different DC controllers, like this 27-channel controller, this 3-channel controller, or the LOR CMB16D controller for example.  All of them will require a separate DC power source.

For the physical connections to the controller, this datasheet from Seasonal Entertainment has an example close-up picture, showing which color wires from the spotlight's pigtail to connect to which outputs on an LOR CMB16D controller.

You could connect it to a number of different DC controllers, like this 27-channel controller, this 3-channel controller, or the LOR CMB16D controller for example.  All of them will require a separate DC power source.

For the physical connections to the controller, this datasheet from Seasonal Entertainment has an example close-up picture, showing which color wires from the spotlight's pigtail to connect to which outputs on an LOR CMB16D controller.

1+

You may also want to buy one and try it out to see how bright it is. Looks kinda small but may be really bright

I have several of these spots, they are bright, from the vendors website - "when the light is just 5 feet from a wall, it creates a circle of light that is at least 10 ft. wide!"

I use an LOR DC board to control them.

Craig

Also remember the Rainbow Brain and the MutliController can control the lights with a simple plug and play connection.  That is why the controllers were designed.

Greg