Light-O-Rama Forums

4 PC Controllers for sale

dougd

I have 4 PC-PCB16PC Controllers for sale. They have the version 1 board (CTB16PC-V1) in them. All have the newest firmware available in them. I have had no problems with any of these controllers, they were all underutilized as most of my display is LED. The outputs are all numbered. Three of the 4 have the LED on the outside of the enclosure so you can tell at a glance the status of the LOR network.

I will sell these for $175.00 each, includes shipping to the lower 48 states. I would prefer PayPal but can discuss other means of payment. I will entertain an offer if you buy all 4.

These will be sold on a first come basis. Pictures will be sent upon request do to the space required on the forum. PM me for further information.

Bump for a good price and for sale by a very trustworthy guy. If I needed anymore I would take them off your hands in a heartbeat.

How are these still available?   Im sure someone needs these for a Mega tree, or some first sticks, perhaps some giant singing faces?

How are these still available?   Im sure someone needs these for a Mega tree, or some first sticks, perhaps some giant singing faces?

Most likely because they look like Gen 1 controllers..   I think most that are looking for 120vac controllers are after Gen 3 now unless there is a "smokin deal" to be had..  $175 is not a smokin deal.. a fair price perhaps.. but not that "too hot to last" price. 

As well, many are jumping to pixels and that leaves a lot more controllers like this on the market.  I think in the next couple of years you will see the price go down quite a bit.  Just my opinion..  Kinda like my $24k laser that is now worth about $3-5k at most due to solid state lasers coming of age.  Still costs far more for the new lasers, but they are easier to use and lighter and don't require constant water flow.. 

Wait until the fall when there is a shortage of controllers, then bump the price to $250.00 each and watch them go like hot cakes.

Not a bad idea.

Hi Don long time no see.

Hope all is going well.

Don may be right!   If you have storage space and don't mind waiting.. could work..   Even though pixels are where many are heading, 120vac controllers won't disappear for a very long time. I still use 15 of them..

A lot of people are just now getting their Mad Grab orders so anybody that was looking to buy might have already spent.

It is a great price though, I don't suspect they will last past summer.

Good Luck

Scott

Guest Don Gillespie

Not a bad idea.

Hi Don long time no see.

Hope all is going well.

Everything is going great building my pixel tree for this sequencing till my fingers and eyes hurt, all the pixels and the E682 is hooked up and running well, lots to do no time to chit chat.

Yeah, I realized timing wasn't very good, the sale was just a week or so ago. Wasn't sure what to price them at, saw a few sell a few weeks back and the asking price was $185 plus shipping. Thought I would lower it a bit and include shipping. I have 15 also. Thought I would thin a few out. I will give it a few more days and see what happens.

What is the difference between gen 1 and gen 3 controllers, didn't think it was very much.

Edited by dougd

I will still have LOR controllers cause I personally won't switch 100% to pixels. I picked up (4) gen3 controllers after the season for $630 shipped. Biggest difference with gen3 is dimming curves for LEDs.

Unless the market is dramatically different this year, you should be able to easily get this price between now and Christmas.  If you need the money now you might have to go down a bit. 

I don't have any Gen3 controllers at  all at the moment - correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the best feature the "ghost loads"?  If you really need these loads (I only use them on a handful of channels) you can make them very easily.

I will still have LOR controllers cause I personally won't switch 100% to pixels. I picked up (4) gen3 controllers after the season for $630 shipped. Biggest difference with gen3 is dimming curves for LEDs.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only dimming curve for the Gen3 controllers is 0% to 100%, which is the same as the Gen1 and Gen2 controllers, so, as of this time there is no difference in the controllers in that respect. The Gen3 controllers do have the "ghost loads" built in that does away with the "snubber" required to make the fades for LEDs smoother, as well as doing away with flicker at the end of long fades. Just to be clear, the Gen3 controllers can have different dimming curves, when and if LOR puts them out.

Earle

P.S. the Gen 3 controllers also have a better TRIAC.

Edited by EARLE W. TALLEY

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only dimming curve for the Gen3 controllers is 0% to 100%, which is the same as the Gen1 and Gen2 controllers, so, as of this time there is no difference in the controllers in that respect. The Gen3 controllers do have the "ghost loads" built in that does away with the "snubber" required to make the fades for LEDs smoother, as well as doing away with flicker at the end of long fades. Just to be clear, the Gen3 controllers can have different dimming curves, when and if LOR puts them out.

Earle

P.S. the Gen 3 controllers also have a better TRIAC.

Gen 3s have a more powerful processor. They have the ability to do dimming curves if and when they come down the line, (as well as the LED curve that exists now for Gen3), but they will also work on a "Super Speed" network.  Gen 1 & 2 will not at that speed.  I also "ASSUME"  that since the processor is more powerful they will be able to handle more of what comes down the line later... assuming of course that there is more you can do with a 16 channel dimmer.  Perhaps distributed processing?  I don't know.. just a thought..

Edited by plasmadrive

I have used nothing but LED's with these controllers for the last 5 years. I built some snubbers and couldn't tell a difference in the way they dimmed and so never worried about them again. For whatever reason I thought the dimming problem from a few years back was fixed with a firmware upgrade. I could very well be mistaken.

As far as price is concerned, at this point I really don't want to use EBAY, would rather get a lower price and sell them here. Just want a fair price. Not is any big hurry to sell other than trying to figure out where my display is going for the year, like to normally have my yard layout by now.

• 2 weeks later...

I read all of the posts and was not able to see if the controllers were sold or not. Are those controllers still for sale? If so, I'm interested in them all!

Doug,

I would like to have one of them Doug. My plans to have it shipped to someone on the forum if you can handle that. I see ny_yankee wants them so let me know the out come.

Jeff

• The topic was locked