Light-O-Rama Forums

using super star for regular sequences

james morris

my new set up works prety good here it is the regular sequence is set up 32 channels choose ss in file choose open audio file choose the mp3  then in tools chose instance sequence set the tmc 1-2-3-4 [ theam- 2segs ] [color- native] [color by time- not by time] [movement- none] [ instensity- 100%] then choose timing map set the ribbons as follows [ ribbon 123= freq 123]  [ribbon 18 use freq 4-5-6-7-8] [ribbon 19 use freq 9-10-11-12] [ ribbon 20 use freq 13-14-15-16] [ ribbon 21 use freq 17-18-19-20]  [ ribbon 22 use freq 21-22-23-24]  [ribbon 23 use freq 25-26-27-28]  ribbon 24 use freq 29-30-31-32] unselect the unsed check should have 123 and 18-19-20-21-22-23-24-with all the check the rest off close timing now ribbon assignment to tcm   [tcm 1 choose 1-2-3-and 18 ]  [tcm 2 19-20]  tcm 3 21-22] tcm 3 23-24] set 4 throught 17 to none now choose sequence all then choose play all if you like the way it looks choose stop now chose file then export to sequence editoe save the file now open the regular sequence choose file then open the file you are looking for is[ sub lms ] this will open a second file choose ccr1 click on the + you will see green and red choose the red track drage all the way to the end copy it choose the other sequence at the top drage all the way to the end of the channel and past you will see about 4 of 5 channels choose the darkest one move it to the top choose the rest of the highlited channels deleate them do this to all 10  I stare with 123 they are my base line then i do 24-23-22-21-20-19-18-in that order now you when your done you should have 10 channels setup close the ss sequence and play the other one now you have my set up

here I redid it

This is my setup
Choose ss then file open a audio file choose a mp3.
Now choose tools then instance sequences.
TCM set up as follows set all the tcm this way [Theam to 2segs]
[ color to natave] [color by time to not by time] [movement to none]
[insensty to 100%]
Choose the timing map set ribbosns
ribbon 1 to freq 1
ribbon 2 to freq 2
ribbon 3 to freq 3
ribbon 18 to freq 4-5-6-7-8
ribbon 19 to freq 9-10-11-12
ribbon 20 to freq 13-14-15-16
ribbon 21 to freq 17-18-19-20
ribbon 22 to freq 21-22-23-24
ribbon 23 to freq 25-26-27-28
ribbon 24 to freq 29-30-31-32
Now unslect the checks 4 through 17.Close timing the ribbon assignment
to TCM TCM 1 is 1-2-3-18  TCM 2 is 19-20 TCM 3 is 21-22 TCM 3 is 23-24
Now chose sequence all then play if you like the way it looks chose stop.
Choose file then export to sequence save the file to folder you shouls see
a file untilted-sub rename it as followes rock-sub if you rename the file with
 out -sub will not open. Make a new sequence 32 channel choose file then open
find the file will be rock-sub.lms.open this file choose ccro1 choose the +
will open the you will see  green and red colored channels choose a red channel
copy it from the start to the end the red ones work best now choose the other sequence
highlite a channel fron start to end and past if it past more than one channel
deleat the rest do this to all 10 channels after your done close the ss file
run your new sequence

Edited by james morris

I did that last year, I had a guy drive up and stare at me working on my light show and he Yelled, Play Freebird, so I came into the house and did this 9 minute song in about 2 hours using SS editor. I have since detailed this sequence and filtered out a lot of the mis-triggers but all-in-all its good for a quick fix

this video might be locally blocked and you'll have to link to youtube if your interested

http://youtu.be/9T1rkdDJ_48

And this was 100% instant sequence

http://youtu.be/6YYLeO0DdUQ

Edited by PMC

I did that last year, I had a guy drive up and stare at me working on my light show and he Yelled, Play Freebird, so I came into the house and did this 9 minute song in about 2 hours using SS editor. I have since detailed this sequence and filtered out a lot of the mis-triggers but all-in-all its good for a quick fix

Awesome!!

It's amazing I have any hearing left at all as loud as i used to listen to these guys songs....