Light-O-Rama Forums

Control Panel not working

cumberland

I have been using LOR in demo mode until tonight when i purchased and downloaded the Basic Plus software, all my demo's still work, I right click on the pinned blue bulb in startup and get two lines , Unpin and LOR control panel, click on control panel and Nothing.  I get a red bulb in the hidden icon section on right on startup say disabled.  I am using Win 7 on lap top  i downloaded and uninstalled three times, still same.

I did once get an error 8002 open serial port failed , Not sure what that's all about , maybe because I have not schuduled a show, but

shouldn't the contol panel work without a show schuduled. 

please help this Newbie

thanks

Dan

The control panel icon should be in your system tray, the red or blue lightbulb at the bottom right part of the taskbar.

You run the control panel app from your LOR  start menu to get the icon in your sys tray. 

Right clicking on the sys tray icon should give you a long menu of functions. If those are not there something may be broken and you might need to re-install LOR after doing a registry wipe with LORwipe.

Having a show scheduled or not makes no functional difference to the way the control panel works.

The only other thing I can think of is if Windows permissions is getting in the way.

This may sound like a dumb question, but once your purchased you liscence did you install your license key? also if the Bulb is blue you can't use the Hardware utility Right click the buld and Disable show then you can use the Hardware utlity.  otherwise you have me stumped but thats not ahrd to do.

For future reference, for anyone who might have the same problem and find this thread:

"I right click on the pinned blue bulb in startup and get two lines , Unpin and LOR control panel, click on control panel and Nothing."

That's a Windows icon that you can use to start up the LOR Control Panel.  It is not the LOR Control Panel itself, and right clicking on it won't give the LOR Control Panel popup menu - it will give the thing you saw (the Windows pin/unpin menu).

"I get a red bulb in the hidden icon section on right on startup say disabled."

That's the LOR Control Panel itself.  It's the one you should right click on to get the LOR Control Panel popup menu.

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed the LOR software on my new computer w/Windows 8.  The icon in my system tray stays red, with no right-click popup coming up like on my old 'puter with W7.  (Yes, I put in my license key) Do I need to wipe & reinstall...or is there something about W8 that needs to be worked around?

• 7 months later...

I do not see red bulb in hidden tray on right only blue bulb in system tray. Does anyone have a solution

Are you sure that you are looking in your computer's system tray? You might be looking on your computer's Start menu, or its taskbar, or its "pinned programs" zone. 

The system tray is the area in the lower right, near the date and time.  If you don't see a lightbulb icon in there, there might be an "arrow"-like icon that can be used to expand the system tray, showing more icons.  If you still don't see a lightbulb icon in there after having expanded with the arrow, then likely you don't have the LOR Control Panel running.