Light-O-Rama Forums

Seizure Star

Jeff Messer

I'm curious as to how you sequenced it.  Was it done in S3, SuperStar, bits of Auto Sequencer, or other?  I have not tackled pixels yet, but this would look so cool on my roof. My plan is set in stone this year, but this might be on the top of the list for next year.  Your star is crazy fantastic!

I nominate we call it the Messer Star.

Scubado,

I was programmed in S3 and best way was to setup each star and then the arms with sw2811's on one universe. Then I put the nodes of the burst on another universe. Yes I know it was a waste of channels but I was unable to make changes as it went from rgb to rbg 9 times.

Geoff gave me the idea a couple years back when i saw the star in his show. I just took it to the next step. First time I wired it I went from retangles to the nodes then to next arm and could not work it out so rewired using two universes. Now wasted channels may be used in the new arches of the side of the pixel tree.

This is my first year with pixels and learning how to program a little. The Aussie forum and chat is a great place to learn this rgb setup. So much help there with fasteddy, Andy, Dougd, WilliamS and Oldman and this list goes on and on. It has been my hangout while working with prop's and setup of show this year plus I have a blast in chat with them.

First time we played the star and was showing it in the forum BobO saw it and named it The Seizure Star so it stuck and I like it !! Andy wanted to tackle it with LOR S3 and did a great job so one of songs this year will be Sandstorm... LOL If I can be of any help let me know.

Jeff

How did you construct the underlying star? Was it purchased somewhere? I'm looking for a good star (for a starburst on top of a light pole).

Thanks

that is very cool. I like the star but I like the row of controllers off tot he left in the video.  btw who do I send the medical bill to,,,,I watched this at 8:00 and just came to now :o  :D  B)  :rolleyes:

You should start planning now to sell the sequences for your star.  If I build one, I would definately be interested in buying some sequences.

LOL James.. Eyes were good enough to see all 32 LOR controllers. That why I posted a warning at the start of the topic... LOL... Google Lori's Lighted Delights in Florida as her company made them for me.

Jeff

Thanks all for the great comments on the star. I am so pumped up to see this in action along wiht all the rgb stuff being put together now. Happy Lighting!!!!

Jeff

As requested by Jeff here are a few pics of the star drawn out for the visualizer along with the video of the star within the LOR visualizer.

star%20frame.jpg

star%20chan.PNG

star%20last.jpg

I just talked to Jeff and I will be offering these shortly. I have the drawing and sizes that he used. He stated that only two stars are needed as in the drawing that Andy posted.

WTG Doug.. Looks like the Seizure Star is a hit !!! I was 20 feet away and its very bight just with the two stars and nodes. Hope all enjoyed watching the video as much as I have. I may be posting a new video soon when its finished by Harrison5050 ... LOL Not sure if he can out do the first video shooting but we will see.

Jeff

Alright ladies and gentlemen here are all versions of the star for your eye pleasure.........

The original sequenced in LOR by me................
can be seen above

The LSP version sequenced in LSP by FastEddy............

And finally a baby of both sequences together LOR and LSP!..........
  • Like 1

Yes, yes we do lol

coming live to you from HLS and whatever else we can find to sequence it with soon.

They are in your PM Doug.

I will try and get the 10 burst version you built worked in asap. ;)

It was a great time building and having programmed by Andy and fasteddy. Question was asked by Oldman,"Now how are you going to top that". not sure but bet I have plenty ideas if the boss lady lets me have a little bigger budget. LMAO..

Jeff