Light-O-Rama Forums

Dream of Fire Flies - TSO

RaceMedic

Joe or Ron If are still going to share I would like to take a look and put my flair on it also. I am runing 405 channels of LOR. 12 ccr matrix and pixels on all windows this year.

Thanks in advance

Don C

dfsea66 at gmail dot com

You Have Mail

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joe Polenchar

• Ron Boyd

• redsea300

• caniac

Joe and Ron,

Great work and what a great project to be inspired by.

Joe- very nice use of a smaller yard-  I have about the same size yard and same channel #.   Can I get a copy if possible? 

Ron- nice interpretation of Joe's work.  What are the spec's of your tree?  I'm just starting to put a 180 degree tree together.

Thanks to you both!

SoCalJimH@aol.com

Joe and Ron,

Great work and what a great project to be inspired by.

Joe- very nice use of a smaller yard-  I have about the same size yard and same channel #.   Can I get a copy if possible? 

Ron- nice interpretation of Joe's work.  What are the spec's of your tree?  I'm just starting to put a 180 degree tree together.

Thanks to you both!

SoCalJimH@aol.com

SoCalJim,

You Have Mail

"Ron- nice interpretation of Joe's work.  What are the spec's of your tree?  I'm just starting to put a 180 degree tree together."

The tree you're looking at in my vid is a 64 ch. Mega. 16 strands each of red, green ,and blue and 32 strands of white, 2 per channel. 360 degree. I'm working on my 16 x 50 Pixel tree, Superstar sequencing to this song. Hopefully have it done in a couple more days. I'm just working on it a little at a time. Once I get that worked out I'll post a screen capture here and will be happy to share that sequence if anyone is interested.

Joe- got it- Thank You!

Ron- Nice look to that tree in video.  A 16 x 50 Pixel tree is also on my mind.  Will you be using the 8mm nodes (looks bulb w/2 sets of flat wires) or the flat based nodes?

The 16 x 50 tree that I am in the process of constructing will have the lay-flat, square, 2811 pixels. 180 degrees. That coupled with the LED mega in the video, and I think they will compliment each other quite nice.

Great work! Joe may I have a copy? After seeing the videos, I am adding this song this year! Wow!

Michael@nalledge.com

Great work! Joe may I have a copy? After seeing the videos, I am adding this song this year! Wow!

Michael@nalledge.com

You Have Mail

I can't figure out how to turn on the rich text editor to embed my link, so if you are interested in some additional ideas, here's a link to mine...

http://vimeo.com/53798458

Paul, First of all, great work on that sequence. I see you have some pixel work. I'm looking for a sequence with some pixel work. I got the regular LED stuff done from Joe's sequence, you wouldn't mind sharing yours would you? You have a couple of effects that I've been trying to figure out how to do for a year and a half now, particularly, the slow, red and white movement in your arches. I'm just looking for some different ideas. I have about 50% of the song for the pixtree done but am running out of ideas.

Ron

Pixel tree is finished. Here's the link. I'll have to look at it a few times to make sure it doesn't need tweaking. Let me know what you folks think, good or bad.

https://vimeo.com/64313049

Ron

Edited by Ron Boyd

Ron -  That's Sooooo Nice!!   Are you planning to use both a Mega and a Pixel Tree?

PM Sent.

Jim H

I am. The mega and star and then the PixTree star is all that will be regular LED this year. All else will be RGB of some kind, whether smart pixels or dumb nodes

I had no earthly idea where to start on this song and Joe so graciously sent me a copy of his sequence. I did a lot of copy/paste, shrink/expand, massage/tweak until I used his sequence to create my mega sequence. Then I went to Superstar and created the PixTree sequence. Even though Joe's sequence didn't have any pixel work, he gave me ideas. His sequence is simple yet complex. Some of his effects, I would have never thought of doing. Some people just have that magic touch with their sequencing. Joe happens to be one of them.

You stated "PM sent". I haven't received one. If it was to me, might want to re-send it.

Later,

Ron

Great job on the pixels tree. How are you mounting your pixels? Strap, pvc pipe, or emt pipe.

I'm thingking about mounting mine on pvc pipe.

Thomas