Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Pixel Utility

Vfere863

Victor,

I downloaded your latest version. Thank you for all your hard work. The tool works great. I am having an issue with exporting to .lcb file. It crashes every time. I thought maybe I had too many effects and a large model, but I tried again with just a single line model and a bar effect. It still crashes. I also tried on WIndows 8. So not sure if I don't have the right components or just hit a bug. Currently running Win 7 and .NET 4.5.1. Is there any thing else I need? Just let me know... the tool is amazing!

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,

I am glad you like the tool. If you could send over your files I will take a look and see if I can determine what the issue may be. You can send them to support@arcadegamegadgets.com.

Thanks,

Victor

Edited by Vfere863

Hi All,

I found an issue when I tried to export to a LCB file. I have corrected it and tested and all looks good on this side.

Chris I am not sure this is related to your issue so please send over your files so I can confirm.

You can get the latest at www.actiongamegadgets.com under the Services area.

Please let me know if anyone has an issue.

Thanks,

Victor

Victor,

I downloaded the new version. It corrected the export issue. I was able to export into a clipboard file and then load the clipboard into my LOR sequence.. It tested Great! I wil let you know if I see other issues, knowing that this product is new, but the functionality works very good.

Thanks!

Chris

I tried it again using it to create a single line prop file and exported. I then tried to import to the visualizer, but it crashed immediately.

Hi dgrant,

Can you send over you prop settings or the MDL file. I want  to confirm that this is a LOR issue. Send them to support@actiongamegadgets.com.

Thanks,

Victor

Sent but no MDL file, LPF file only. I created the prop but didn't save it, just exported then. Maybe that's the issue?

Edited by dgrant

I tried again just now and this time saving the MDL file. The export/import to LOR Vis., same result, it crashed the Vis instantly

Hi dgrant,

I just loaded the prop in a new Visualizer file. My dimensions where 640 x 480. I am guessing at this point that the LEE file you are trying to load this prop in already has a previously loaded prop from my system.

If this is correct then this is a problem I have encountered many times. The only way around it is to save the props from RGB Studio as multiple files. Yes I know it is a pain to put together 24 mega tree prop files to recreate your display item. Positioning them once imported to Visualizer is the biggest pain but LOR does not give us an easy way to do this.

Anyway, try what I did so you can see the file can be loaded in Visualize.

One note to all of this, I am starting to look at building some type of visualizer in the system. Just not sure when I can have something people can use.

Victor

So it sounds like I have to delete my pixel tree and re-create it for the visualizer to fix this issue, before adding anything else? The pixel tree was created using RGBStudio and imported just fine into the visualizer but it crashes every time I exit the program. It runs though while its in there. Trying to add anything else is the issue and I did check that I'm not past the 1024 limit.

Edited by dgrant

The Visualizer has a limit of 64 fixtures per prop. That is the limitation of the visualizer. Even through it does not let you know that when you import the prop it is there. The way I found that out was I created a blank LEE file and imported my mega tree. I then saved the LEE file. I went into super star editor and tried to use that for the visualization and it tells me the prop exceeds the 64 fixture limit. I discussed this with the author of super star and he informed me that is the way LOR has there props set up.

My work around was to import all 24 prop files to a blank scene and save it. Then I was able to bring it into super star editor with no problem.

One thing I did do was to apply the 4 gig patch to my sequencer and visualizer. You can find it here in the forum just search for 4 gig or 4 gig patch. Once I applied it to my LOR EXE's they started behaving better but still crash every now and then.

As I mentioned in a previous post I am going to see what it would take to have RGB Studio have a visualizer that could handle all display items and allow playing the sequence and seeing the results. Again not sure if that is something for this year or next year.

Victor

Edited by Vfere863

Hi All,

I just fixed a reported issue where two effects on two different time points were not updating  the effect grid properly.

You can get the latest version 1.0.33.0 from the following location http://www.actiongamegadgets.com under the Services section.

There is also a ReleaseNotes.Txt file in this version so I can keep track of the changes I am making and you can as well.

Thanks,

Victor

Hi All,

I have been messing around with implementing a BPM (beats per minute) option in RGB Studio. Not sure how it would look in the sequencer yet but I wanted to ask. Does this sound like it would be useful in the sequencing process?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks,

Victor

I was also thinking about adding a way to import Audacity label files. These are files that contain time marks that you set as the song plays. With the values inside that file I could create empty time points for each time and all the user would have to do is specify which effect they want in each time point.

This is think would be very helpful as I have used it in xlights and it made setting up the sequence a lot eaiser.

Thanks,

Victor

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I know its late in the season but I have just posted and update to RGB Studio over on the www.actiongamegadgets.com site. It's version 1.0.34.0 and I have added a new effect called Pinwheel. If you like go over and get the latest. I am going to try and add a couple more before the season is out so keep checking back.

Thanks,

Victor

Hi All,

I know its late in the season but I have just posted and update to RGB Studio over on the www.actiongamegadgets.com site. It's version 1.0.34.0 and I have added a new effect called Pinwheel. If you like go over and get the latest. I am going to try and add a couple more before the season is out so keep checking back.

Thanks,

Victor

Victor; when you take our nutcracker sources and put them into your tool it would probably be closer to change

" I have added a new effect called Pinwheel."

to

" I have ported the  Pinwheel effect from xLights".

All your effects have come from our source tree. I am happy that it gets used again, Our code is open sourced and is meant to be shared.

just make note that you are using our code.

thanks

sean

Hi Sean,

OK, next time I will state that I ported it from xLights even though it is in the About dialog.

All -

Please note that I ported the pinwheel effect from xlights along with all the other RGB Studio effects!!

Victor

Hi Again,

I managed to port from xlights the Ripple effect. This effect is available in the latest version of RGB Studio 1.0.35.0. You can download the link from www.actiongamegadgets.com.

Have fun and enjoy.

Victor