Light-O-Rama Forums

Trusted Vendors

Guest Don Gillespie

Well, I have reread the post and I think everyone needs to just chill out.

I agree Doug if Max would like to pm me to continue this otherwise I can't see his post since he now occupies my ignore list

Admin if you could remove my reply to Max's post since he thinks its so negative.I had no intention of it being negative and its not fair to the op to have this thread locked because of this disagreement. Also remove any post after not beneficial to this thread.I consider this finished between Max and I and if he would like to continue then he can send a pm

Edited by james campbell

If you are asking me, just go to my website listed in my sigurature or PM me.

Nahhh Doug, he was asking me. That is Shannon and he's being funny.  I don't post a lot on LOR.

We received a few reports about this thread, some people thought it got a little unfriendly at points.

Rather than to delete posts, etc... as asked. Just want to use this thread as an example... The following is only my opinion and as we have said many times we are not perfect can can be wrong but even if I am wrong there is more to this.

I felt that the reply to Max-Paul by James was in no way negative. Max-Paul was recommending CDI in a thread where people were asking about LOR's policy about outside vendors. I felt that James may have quoted Max-Paul but his post was directed at the general audience, explaining why it should be okay for a vendor such as CDI to advertise in the LOR forums. Now on the other side, I can also see how Max-Paul could read that post and believed that James was explaining to him why it was okay to recommend CDI and he had not asked if it was okay. He then said duh of course I know that! ... and unfortunately things went on from there.

But now to my point. Why was this at all necessary. We ask that people try and work out disagreements in PMs or emails. If you feel a post is offensive or negative try and work it out offline or report it to us. If a newbie posts and happens to be involved in something like this or this is one the first things they see on the forums, it certainly is not going to give them a good impression of the LOR forums or LOR.

Thank You all,
Dan

Guest Don Gillespie

We received a few reports about this thread, some people thought it got a little unfriendly at points.

Rather than to delete posts, etc... as asked. Just want to use this thread as an example... The following is only my opinion and as we have said many times we are not perfect can can be wrong but even if I am wrong there is more to this.

I felt that the reply to Max-Paul by James was in no way negative. Max-Paul was recommending CDI in a thread where people were asking about LOR's policy about outside vendors. I felt that James may have quoted Max-Paul but his post was directed at the general audience, explaining why it should be okay for a vendor such as CDI to advertise in the LOR forums. Now on the other side, I can also see how Max-Paul could read that post and believed that James was explaining to him why it was okay to recommend CDI and he had not asked if it was okay. He then said duh of course I know that! ... and unfortunately things went on from there.

But now to my point. Why was this at all necessary. We ask that people try and work out disagreements in PMs or emails. If you feel a post is offensive or negative try and work it out offline or report it to us. If a newbie posts and happens to be involved in something like this or this is one the first things they see on the forums, it certainly is not going to give them a good impression of the LOR forums or LOR.

Thank You all,

Dan

Whew for a minute there I thought you were talking about my post :P

Don,

Sorry about the drama in your thread. Mr. Campbell for what ever passes as his logic. There was no call for him to quote me, then start lecturing. Usually when someone is quoted, this is a prelude to someone addressing the content of the quote. Hence why I got a bit upset.

Sorry again for our tit for tat in your thread.

Guest Don Gillespie

Don,

Sorry about the drama in your thread. Mr. Campbell for what ever passes as his logic. There was no call for him to quote me, then start lecturing. Usually when someone is quoted, this is a prelude to someone addressing the content of the quote. Hence why I got a bit upset.

No apology needed I wear big boy pants when I am on this forum, didn't see any drama, and always appreciate guys that stand up for them selves. how you making out with your pixels?

Don,

As an unbiased observer, I would have to agree with this. 

No apology needed I wear big boy pants when I am on this forum, didn't see any drama, and always appreciate guys that stand up for them selves. how you making out with your pixels?

Got to say Don,

This pixel stuff is making things much more work with all of the channels involved. Lots more work and I am trying to learn how to program colors and then do different kinds of fades. By just adding 3, 5 meter strips. I have doubled the number of channels. In 2012 I have 10 AC and 2 DC boxes. Almost using all of the AC channels and just 24 of the DC channels. The 3 strips will add 450 channels. But I am loving all of the new stuff I am learning about programming the pixels. Thanks for asking and thanks for understanding. This is going to be your second year with pixels? And how is the early stages of your show for 2013 going?

• Like 1

Guest Don Gillespie

Got to say Don,

This pixel stuff is making things much more work with all of the channels involved. Lots more work and I am trying to learn how to program colors and then do different kinds of fades. By just adding 3, 5 meter strips. I have doubled the number of channels. In 2012 I have 10 AC and 2 DC boxes. Almost using all of the AC channels and just 24 of the DC channels. The 3 strips will add 450 channels. But I am loving all of the new stuff I am learning about programming the pixels. Thanks for asking and thanks for understanding. This is going to be your second year with pixels? And how is the early stages of your show for 2013 going?

first year with pixels going from 190+ chanels to over 2600 this year, time consuming is an understatement LOL

May the Lord have mercy on your soul. LOL Good grief, well so much for a social or any other kinds of a life. Imagine before long you will be sequencing in your sleep.

Good luck with getting everything done by show day. Oh well you know if you keep at it, one song at a time, eventually you'll have a show.

And here I am  with a 24 string pixels tree and I got lost on the corner at the barber shop.

How what?

All this talk of pixel stuff is driving me to drinking and I'm not even doin pixel stuff :lol: .

All this talk of pixel stuff is driving me to drinking and I'm not even doin pixel stuff :lol: .

I agree, same here.  Not sure what the big bruhaha is anyhow on "outside vendors".  I could see if LOR was "everything for everyone" but they aren't.  They make great controllers, cosmic color devices, software but that is pretty much it.  As has been displayed on numerous occasions, most of us are a resourceful lot.  If something ain't available from LOR then we "think outside the box" and "go outside the box".  I don't see anything wrong with that.  Likewise vendors who supply some of these solutions should be able to pimp their wares here as long as it is in a designated area.  Also should require a disclaimer from the vendor stating that what they sell isn't endorsed or supported by LOR.  As long as the vendors are fair and honest then let it be.  Treat the vendors with the "baseball rule", three strikes and your out! 

Don't think it is that hard.

I agree, same here.  Not sure what the big bruhaha is anyhow on "outside vendors".  I could see if LOR was "everything for everyone" but they aren't.  They make great controllers, cosmic color devices, software but that is pretty much it.  As has been displayed on numerous occasions, most of us are a resourceful lot.  If something ain't available from LOR then we "think outside the box" and "go outside the box".  I don't see anything wrong with that.  Likewise vendors who supply some of these solutions should be able to pimp their wares here as long as it is in a designated area.  Also should require a disclaimer from the vendor stating that what they sell isn't endorsed or supported by LOR.  As long as the vendors are fair and honest then let it be.  Treat the vendors with the "baseball rule", three strikes and your out! 

Don't think it is that hard.

The baseball rule and disclaimer would be a great way to handle it.

Any word on if Dan has decided about allowing some vendors to post on the form yet?

thought I solved it for them but apparently not.