Light-O-Rama Forums

Trusted Vendors

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

Is there any reason that a trusted vendor can not let people know that he is available to do quality work for other forum members, Doug from Wirelite frames has been outstanding and provided excellent service for quite a few years, how can he let people know that his products are still available??

• Like 1

I suppose he just did via you Don.

But seriously, I would be nice if you could do that in this forum. But I suppose we will have to go to other forums for this kind of information.

Guest Don Gillespie

I thought Dan was going to allow the trusted vendors do their thing you know the guys that have been around here for a long time I know Doug makes fantastic wire frames and he is very reputable

I have never had a product by Doug BUT have only heard good things. I have been derelict at getting this straightened out. We will get a policy in place where folks like Doug will be more than welcome to use our forums. 

Thanks everyone.

I try very hard to help all of my customers have a great experience with me and to receive a high quality frame. Yes, I've made mistakes, but I try to make it right if I'm told about it.

Thanks Dan.

Doug

• Like 1

Is there any reason that a trusted vendor can not let people know that he is available to do quality work for other forum members, Doug from Wirelite frames has been outstanding and provided excellent service for quite a few years, how can he let people know that his products are still available??

+1 Don

Doug built me some wireframes a couple years ago.

He worked with me and made sure I got what I wanted every step of the way and made sure I was happy with what i got.

I recommend him for any wireframe project!!!

+1 Don

He worked with me and made sure I got what I wanted every step of the way and made sure I was happy with what i got.

Thanks Tom for the kind words.

Hope no one feels that this is a Hi-Jack, but would like to extend this to include other vendors. I personally would like to nominate CDI for LED lighting. Been working with Paul for the past 4 years and overall I am happy with his service and products. The few issues I feel where not his fault, but the suppliers or something like the weather.

+1 Don

I have to agree. Dougs wire frames are by far the highest quality I have ever purchased. The cuts, bends, welds, etc are all done with surgical like precision and the powder coating is the perfect finish. I contacted Doug and ask about a wire frame that he didnt have on his site and he not only made it from a drawing but made it well beyound my expectations. The customer service is top notch as well. I even got a Chrstmas card in the mail from him. A real hand written Christmas card! This may sound small or unimportant but its one of those things that reallly shows his level of customer service. These are the kinds of things that make my experience dealing with Doug by far the best I have experinced dealing with any vendor since I started this hobby. 

Keep up the great work Doug and we will keep refering everyone who ask about wireframes to you. ;)

Hope no one feels that this is a Hi-Jack, but would like to extend this to include other vendors. I personally would like to nominate CDI for LED lighting. Been working with Paul for the past 4 years and overall I am happy with his service and products. The few issues I feel where not his fault, but the suppliers or something like the weather.

+1

I have to agree. Dougs wire frames are by far the highest quality I have ever purchased. The cuts, bends, welds, etc are all done with surgical like precision and the powder coating is the perfect finish. I contacted Doug and ask about a wire frame that he didnt have on his site and he not only made it from a drawing but made it well beyound my expectations. The customer service is top notch as well. I even got a Chrstmas card in the mail from him. A real hand written Christmas card! This may sound small or unimportant but its one of those things that reallly shows his level of customer service. These are the kinds of things that make my experience dealing with Doug by far the best I have experinced dealing with any vendor since I started this hobby. 

Keep up the great work Doug and we will keep refering everyone who ask about wireframes to you. ;)

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you liked the frame.

I believe that Dan will be ok with any vendor that won't have products that compete with prouducts lor sells. Most of this stems from pixel competition. With the explosion of rgb devices and pixel strings the ccd line has serious competion and I would see why Dan would not want to advertise for any of those folks. It's like going to a Chevy dealer and finding a Ford Salesman.

James, I sure hope your not addressing me. Its like Duh if you are.

well duh I did reply to statement just saying don't think there was a problem the vendors you suggested but duh I'm sorry if you took it wrong

Well Duh its not like I dont understand that Dan would not want anyone that makes the same items to be advertising or selling via post here on his web site. So Duh, why are you commenting to my post telling me that Dan would not be happy with someone competing on his site? I didnt fall off of the turnip truck yesterday. Maybe you need to think of what you type might be taking as an insult. Your not the only one that knows this News Flash. Thanks for thinking I would not know about this News Flash of yours.

Think first how the person your quoting might very well take something that you type. Oh and dont get so defensive. When someone points out your mistake.

Edited by Max-Paul
  • Like 1

well duh I did reply to statement just saying don't think there was a problem the vendors you suggested but duh I'm sorry if you took it wrong

Then why didnt you say so. Dang 4 lines to point out what Dan does not want or allow. So, what am I suppose to take away from your post. Duh think about it after re-reading it. Your post was all negative, nothing positive to support my post or comment.

Then why didnt you say so. Dang 4 lines to point out what Dan does not want or allow. So, what am I suppose to take away from your post. Duh think about it after re-reading it. Your post was all negative, nothing positive to support my post or comment.

never thought I would get so much flak because I agree with the vendors you suggested so do me a favor and ignore my post and I will do the same for you

You brought the flak onto your self with your negative post. There was nothing about your post that was supportive. It read as you where informing me why Dan didnt want others selling anything that would compete with his products. If you cant see that, then Duh. Mr Campbell you can try to sugar coat it. You can deny what your post says. But you cant fool me, nor try to explain away what your post meant.