Light-O-Rama Forums

New Spiral and Shock Wave Effects

BrianBruderer

Brian, will this New Spiral and Shock Wave Effects be able to be incorporated into instant sequence?

• 1 month later...

Brian:

I assume that you will announce when you have completed the Shockwave and how we can get a copy. I assume it is close as you said you would be showing it at the Christmas Expro.

Thanks 

I am very close to having the new Shockwave and Spiral effects finished. I have also been able to add a "Fan" effect. Fan uses parameters to build a series of Spiral effects to produce a Fan. It will be in the next release of S3. I am hoping it will be soon but I cannot make promises. There is always a possibilitiy I could find a serious problem during my final testing, and the next S3 release includes work that is being done on other modules besides SuperStar. Also, the next S3 release will first go to beta prior to being released to the general public.

Waiting on the upgrade and like the video you posted. I am almost finished with my sequencing for this years show !! Props made and just hoping the update comes out soon and that it will play.

Jeff

Brian,

Will SuperStar allow us to assign 100 pixels per strip's. Love the effects but will be 30 feet tall on a mega tree. Bought 3 of your sequences but I have to edit the heck out of them. Would be nice if you can assign the number of pixels on your effects beside 25 or 50.

Jeff

In CCR mode the choice of layouts only allows full ribbons or half ribbons which means the length of each strip is 25 or 50 pixels.

In Visualization mode the length of each string or ribbon can be anywhere from 25 to 200 pixels. Create a visualization of your lights in the Visualizer, then you can click on the File menu in SuperStar and select "Import Visualization"

However, realize that all sequences are made for a particular length layout. To use the sequence for a different layout will require editing as you say. For example, if you buy a sequence made for 12 ribbons each of length 50 and you want to use it for a layout of 12 ribbons each of length 100 you need to modify each morph or scene to lengthen it to 100 pixels.

It would be desirable to have a feature in SuperStar that would lengthen or shorten all effects, but currently SuperStar does not have such a feature.

Being a newbie to Superstar and I have 24ccr is there a way to make your effects when they come out fit the 30 foot mega tree? Lets say 100 pixels? Most that I have bought from you have them at 50 pixels.

Jeff

All sequences are made for a particular length layout. To use the sequence for a different layout will require editing as you say. For example, if you buy a sequence made for 12 ribbons each of length 50 and you want to use it for a layout of 12 ribbons each of length 100 you need to modify each morph or scene to lengthen it to 100 pixels.

It would be desirable to have a feature in SuperStar that would lengthen or shorten all effects, but currently SuperStar does not have such a feature.

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to bump it incase the effects are ready for release.. Summer is here Brian !!!

Jeff

Yea. I did not want to download the new software till any bugs are worked out. My plans are to use the 3.9 software for the show this year if it can handle the RGB's added which are around 8000 channels.

Jeff

Brian Are you going to add the shock wave  and spiral effects to your Rock Ye Merry Gentlemen sequence and if so will I be able to upgrade the sequence that I have?

Duane

I do not plan to change any existing sequences. I will include shockwave and spiral effects in new sequences though.

• 3 weeks later...

The shockwave and spiral effects are in the open beta that is out now. You can download it here:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/27038-light-o-rama-version-3100-released-as-an-open-beta/

Brain,

What would the name of the file be? I am looking but dont see it.

Jeff

Click on that link, and then at the bottom of that posting is a link to download the beta software

Brain,

I did and I downloaded and installed 3.10 to check it out. I see that 3.10.4 is out now. I looked in the sample file under Superstar and could not find the two effects. Got your message and that clears everything up for me.. Thanks again Brain...

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Messer

Yes, 3.10.4 is available here http://www.lightoram...3.10.4-Beta.exe

The new effects are in 3.10.0 and 3.10.4. After installing either of the beta versions launch SuperStar, click on the Tools menu and select "Smooth Effects". The "Smooth Effects" dialog box contains shockwave, spiral, and fan.