Light-O-Rama Forums

New Spiral and Shock Wave Effects

BrianBruderer

I am in the process of adding new effects to SuperStar. Right now I have "Shock Wave" and "Spiral." Below is a video sample showing some of the possibilities with these new effects, they are pretty cool:

http://youtu.be/GFOsD6uY_Mg

I have the effects coded and am now working on the user interface. I plan to have these two effects a few more completed by summer.

• Like 1

Brain, what a tease. That is cool, Can't wait to be able to latch on to these.

Thanks for the preview.

The command protocol for CCPs and CCBs is the same as CCRs. The only difference is the physical appearance of the lights. Within a month or two I will set up my CCP tree and show the effects on them as well.

• 2 weeks later...

what is the name of the song that you used in the demo?

and

is the sequence available for purchase?

Craig

"what is the name of the song that you used in the demo?

and

is the sequence available for purchase?

Craig"

http://www.superstarlights.com/Sequences/Purchase.php

http://www.superstarlights.com/Sequences/Videos.php

Rock Ye merry Gentlemen

I'm thimking of getting this one from Brian myself.

Brian, do you have a DIY version of this one for 12 CCR, or 16 CCR, either one will work.

Edited by Ron Boyd

The command protocol for CCPs and CCBs is the same as CCRs. The only difference is the physical appearance of the lights. Within a month or two I will set up my CCP tree and show the effects on them as well.

I'm planning a 24 strand tree with CCP's, can the 12 string ccr's be used?  How would I do that? Are you going to have any sequences for a 24 string tree like the one you have done?

The 12 CCR sequences would not look good on a 24 half-string CCP tree. I will have some sequences for the 24 half-string CCP tree by summer.

how do we get the the spiral and shock wave sequence?

I didn't see it on the website http://www.superstar...es/Purchase.php - unless it is part of one of the full Rock Ye merry Gentlemen sequences that you are selling.

but how would I know that?

Do you sell just some of the effects by themselves?

Craig

Edited by craigh

The spiral and shock wave sample sequence is just a short demonstration of what I am currently developing. I have the code finished that generates the effects, but I am still working on the user interface so that you can easily create a sequence. I should have the user interface done in a few months then I can complete a sequence.

I can't wait! Just started using S.S.

Kudos for a great program. Just want to be sure I understand on your new sequencing, when your finished it will be

available with the next download to S.S. or is there a charge for it?

Your program is going to rock my Show, thanks

The new features will be a part of the standard download. There will be no additional charge for them. The license for SuperStar is based soley on the number of channels you can export. 2CCR license exports 300 channels, 4CCR license exports 600 channels, 8 CCR license exports 1200 channels, and 24 CCR license exports 3600 channels.

As I side note, I do plan on adding two additional license levels for those with more than 24 CCRs or more than 3600 channels.

I'm not quite sure how I would use that but it's VERY COOL!  Looking forward to playing with it later this year.

Sure wish it had a box to select the number of strings and pixels being used. Why limit the great software?

Jeff