Light-O-Rama Forums

Tree wizard

Paul M Krupa

I was trying to build a mega tree in the tree wizard with 16 groups of four colors, I planned to use 1 channel per string. When I tried to lay it out my colors always layed out horizontal instead of vertical. I am probably missing something but at 3am I finally quit and went to bed.

Any help would be appreciated(Iam using LED m5 light strings).

Thanks,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Hellooooooooo

Any body made a mega tree with 64 strands of 4 colors for visualiser?

Are you using the mega-tree wizard to create a tree? When I create one in the wizard it's always horizontal, don't even see an option to make it vertical.

Of course the tree wizard only goes up to 32 strands (at least one 3.7.0) You may have to draw it manually, or put two side by side, or get creative in other ways.

• 5 weeks later...

Having trouble building my mega tree using CCP's. Trying to create a tree using 6 CCP controllers and using half strings. I put in 12 bundles @ 25 and have edge to center center to edge checked, which would really be 24 strings. And it won't create half strings. After redrawing a dozen times and getting out of the visualizer a few times, it finally worked. It keep giving me single strings. Don't know what is happening. I didn't change the way I was doing it. But, it finally work. I had the same trouble a few months ago.

Indi,

I will be building the same 1/2 string this week.I will have 4 CCP controllers.  Let me know if you figured out what happened.

sharpsvillelights:

I think there maybe something going on with the tree wizard. As I said, this happened months ago to and then after a number of trying, it worked. It seems like the wizard doesn't like edge to center and center to edge.

Just have to keep trying. Hope you get if on the first go.

Indi,

Well I drew my CCP tree over the weekend and had issues like you. I have 4 CCP controllers using 1/2 strings so that give me 16 bundles.  When I play the song in Sequence Editor with Visualizer it displays those bundles that are on pixels 1-25.  The bundles on pixels 26-50 do not show up.  I have written to the LOR help desk for assistance. 

One thing I changed the resolution from 50 to 25 thinking that was the number of pixels to display.  What was yours set to?

I think I had to set my resolution back to 50, or it would give me a warning when I imported it into Super Star. I had to draw mind, check to if two strands would light up when I clicked a a bundle. If not I would delete the prop (fixture) and do it again doing the same thing each time. I did that a dozen times or more before it took. And each time I redrew the tree, I wouldn't change anything. Or at least I don't think I changed anything. If I did, I didn't mean too.

Brian from Super Star had discussions on this in the Super Star section of this forum about the 24x25 tree. Maybe you can track that down. I think it was in January 2013.

Good luck

I posted it in the wrong thread. look here: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/26782-setting-up-ccbs-and-ccps-in-s3-visualizer/

at post 18. I drew a tree from 3 sets of CCPs, 6 strings total with 12 legs of 25 pixels each. It imports to Superstar the way it should. Sorry, the tree I built for you is not 4 CCPs, but I was looking at the wrong thread. I can set up a 4 CCP, 16 leg tree for you if you like. PM me your email address and I'll send you one.

Ron

Indi,

Well I drew my CCP tree over the weekend and had issues like you. I have 4 CCP controllers using 1/2 strings so that give me 16 bundles.  When I play the song in Sequence Editor with Visualizer it displays those bundles that are on pixels 1-25.  The bundles on pixels 26-50 do not show up.  I have written to the LOR help desk for assistance. 

One thing I changed the resolution from 50 to 25 thinking that was the number of pixels to display.  What was yours set to?

Check your e-mail. Just ignore the first one. The second one is the one that is set-up with Unit IDs 20-24 and a few instructions.

Having trouble building my mega tree using CCP's. Trying to create a tree using 6 CCP controllers and using half strings. I put in 12 bundles @ 25 and have edge to center center to edge checked, which would really be 24 strings. And it won't create half strings. After redrawing a dozen times and getting out of the visualizer a few times, it finally worked. It keep giving me single strings. Don't know what is happening. I didn't change the way I was doing it. But, it finally work. I had the same trouble a few months ago.

In the post # 10 above There is one set-up for 3 CCP Units, 12 Strings total.

Hope this all helps. Good luck,

Ron

Ron,

I downloaded your tree for 12 strings, changed the controllers to match mine for 16 strings (20, 22,24, 26) and it worked as expected.

So I went and created the tree per your specs and once again could not get pixels 26 to 50 to light up.  Like indi, I did it several times with no success.  I think I will try again using just 1 controller with 4 strings and see how it goes.  This is fustrating.

Did you see the second e-mail I sent this morning? I set it up for controllers like you stated above.

Controller 20 string 1a is the first 25 pixels, Controller 20 string 1b is the 26-50.

The next string 2a and 2b are assigned controller 21 but in reality, it is still coming out of the # 20 box as the second string. To make it work in the visualizer and sequence editor and eventually, control the pixels themselves, you need to set it up as a seperate CC(x) string. That coupled with Unit Id +1 in the sequence editor, will make everything work.

Send me your channel config with all of your controllers in it, and visualizer .lee file, and I'll see if I can work out why you're having a problem.

dariansdad@att.net

I struggled with it at first and finally just did a 180 degree tree with 8x50 last year. I have since figured out how to make it work with help and explanation from Brian.

Ron

Ron, 

I worked on this a little last night but still not there.  I will try again tonight

Question.  When you setup the tree using 1/2 sring 25 pixels which of the following options did you use for the "Type of Channel Bundles/Fixtures"?

- CCR Edge to Center (I understand this as using a full 50 pixel string on ONE segment of the three.

where pixel 1 is at the bottom and pixel 50 is at the top).

- CCR Edge to center/center to edge (I understand this as using using a the full 50 pixel string on TWO segments of the tree

where pixel 1 is at the bottom, pixel 25 is at the top ... then ... pixel 26 is at the top of the 2nd segment and pixel 50 is at the bottom of the 2nd segment 

I believe I should be using the CCR Edge to center/center to edge option.

I'll jump in here and see if I can help. Ron please correct me if I'm wrong. If you are using half strings, it would be edge to center/center to edge. At least that's the way I set mine up.

- CCR Edge to center/center to edge (I understand this as using using a the full 50 pixel string on TWO segments of the tree

where pixel 1 is at the bottom, pixel 25 is at the top ... then ... pixel 26 is at the top of the 2nd segment and pixel 50 is at the bottom of the 2nd segment

I believe I should be using the CCR Edge to center/center to edge option.

You would be correct in your assumption, CCR Edge to center/center to edge option, is the way you would build it. Did you not use the one I sent to you? Just save it in your visualization folder and use it. if you import it into superstar, it will export your sequence to .lms properly. I tested it before I sent it you can also go into the SS sample visualizations, open up the "24x25Tree_4RowGlobe", delete 8 strings, move a few things aroundto even it up and use it too. 

Ron,

I have looked at the one you sent me and have not used it yet as you introduced a new term which I am trying to grasp.

In superstar, there are two different layouts as I under stand.  One is CCR mode and the other visualization?   I believe the one you built for me is used in the visualization mode.  Correct? 

From what I understand the superstar visualizaiton mode would compare to LOR visualizaer.  And the CCR mode compares to LOR Animator.  Is this correct?

My goal is to get all these pieces (CCP lights, Superstar and Visulizer) tested and working this weekend.  Then it is on to finish the Superstar programming which I have started.

Thanks for all your help.  Soon I hope to reach out to you on the phone and discuss this in more detail.

PM sent. I'll post in a bit on your questions. Stand by.

Edited by Ron Boyd

Ron,

I have looked at the one you sent me and have not used it yet as you
introduced a new term which I am trying to grasp.

In superstar, there are two different layouts as I under stand. One is CCR
mode and the other visualization? I believe the one you built for me is used in the visualization mode.

Yes

From what I understand the superstar visualizaiton mode would compare to
LOR visualizaer. And the CCR mode compares to LOR Animator. Is this correct?
I’ve never used the LOR Animator, so I can’t
answer this one

My goal is to get all these pieces (CCP lights, Superstar and Visulizer)
tested and working this weekend. Then it is on to finish the Superstar
programming which I have started.

Thanks for all your help. Soon I hope to reach out to you on the phone and
discuss this in more detail.

I’m in the process of getting a
little video uploaded to Vimeo.com. I’ll post the link in a little while.

Edit: see if this helps you out with the import:

https://vimeo.com/66276911

Edited by Ron Boyd

FINALLY, SUCCESS!!!!!

Stayed up until 1am and got the CCP tree working in Visualizer using the half string option.  Hooked up the 4 CCP controllers with lights just to be sure what I was seeing in Visualizer was the same on the lights.  Thanks for all your help Ron as I could not have done it without your assistance!

I will await your video.  Is it possible to have one using the CCR mode and visualization mode so everyone could see the difference between the two.

There is quite a learning curve for Visualizer.  And those of us that have been using animator for years are hesitant in making the change because of all the work involved in redrawing the display.   In my case I have 356 LOR channels.  Adding the CCP lights this year was the motivator to transition from animator to visualizer.  As animator just could not handle the CCP lights.  Not to mention that the presentation is so much more accurate on what your display will look like.

On a side note, I find Superstar very valuable when using RGB devices like CCR/CCP's.  It simplifies the task of programming the effects.  Creating a good base is essential to handling future growth.

Now onto creating more props by tracing photos and using curved lines.  I am sure I will be asking questions about this.