Light-O-Rama Forums
sysco

what's new with lor

Dan is a very smart businessman ...........Not saying anything untill he has everything firmed up and also creating a bigger anticipatiion from all of us and I expect the BIG unveiling will be at Chrismas Expo in Gatlinburg.

Dan is a very smart businessman ...........Not saying anything untill he has everything firmed up and also creating a bigger anticipatiion from all of us and I expect the BIG unveiling will be at Chrismas Expo in Gatlinburg.

Perhaps you are right.. he might be waiting.. of course it would have been nice to tell us all that instead of an announcement soon...   Too late for me unfortunately.   I am spending some of my new controller $$ on other software...

Dan used to share a lot of insight into what they were working on. But it started getting ugly when he did that. He would no sooner mention they were working on something and five minutes later someone had it built into their show and started demanding a release date.

I don’t know what the answer is. You can only put so many resources on a project and be able to turn a profit. It seems like waiting till they have a working product is actually less drama (on the forum) than letting out the little secrets like he used to do. But I do understand that these days companies can suffer badly if they don’t feed customers insatiable need for constant upgrades. I don’t like it, but I understand it.

Perhaps you are right.. he might be waiting.. of course it would have been nice to tell us all that instead of an announcement soon...   Too late for me unfortunately.   I am spending some of my new controller $$ on other software...

What software package did you decide to go with? I bought light factory personal, and am also testing HLS.

any word if new dc board will be out soon

Ron - To provide a direct link to a specific post, click on the little triangle thingie just to right of the post# and it will open up with an http link. Copy that link and paste it into a reply and it will take people directly to that post #. Like Dan's reply about the new DC controller card.

FYI

Thanks. I did not know that.

Learn something new everyday. Now we will see how long I can remember it.

Thanks

Thomas

Looks to me like letting more people test the new 3.10 Beta is going to speed up the final release. The more people that are testing, the faster the problems will be found. My option. My hats off to all you Beta testers and to Dan and LOR for opening it up to the users to help out. Kudos.

I just upgraded and I have to say, many thanks for the extended effects in the timing map. The effects are much more pleasing to the eye. Much neeeded improvement.

Chip

When will this be "safe" for the masses?

When will this be "safe" for the masses?

Its available now to the masses and from what I can see most, if not all,  of the glitches are out. I'm using the heck out of superstar to expand and augment many "older" smaller sequences. It just gets better and more flexible as I learn more about it.

I have been holding on to LOR software but seeing what some of my friends are doing with HLS and Nutcracker   I am starting to learning them.     I still want to use LOR software but there needs to be a huge leap in this area of Pixels.    

I have been holding on to LOR software but seeing what some of my friends are doing with HLS and Nutcracker   I am starting to learning them.     I still want to use LOR software but there needs to be a huge leap in this area of Pixels.    

Friski...I use nutcracker for my tree...but I use the LOR software..  its a little bit of bloat with the cut n paste into LOR, but it does work...but I agree, their software needs to be a little more robust with pixels and its capabilities.

Sooner or later something will change or not.  I'm not upgrading until it does or I have to.  I would love to have the DMX output of HLS because "it works properly" compared to LOR.  Unfortunately HLS doesn't have the level of support for my comfort to level to put my show on.