Light-O-Rama Forums

what's new with lor

sysco

Thanks for the update Dan, Love LOR products, support and our community. I Always get great help from these forums. The Jumpstart class in Philly last year was a big help as well!

Did I miss the update?

Did I miss the update?

Yes you did, just like the rest of us.

Just some promises being made.

I can't speak for the rest of the nitwits on this site, but this nitwit doesn't need a firm schedule announced. Just an idea of what changes are planned so I can decide to stick it out or jump to some pixel editor that will get the job done. Christmas is just around the corner.

Have you got our backs or not?

I'm with Bob.  May 15th is my deadline for LOR to tell us that they have better pixel controls.. if not by then I will have to assume not, or not in time, and move on to other ways of controlling pixels.  This will be my first year with pixels even though I have had 6 CCRs for two years, I have yet to use them because the control is someone combersome.  

Just can't wait any longer for what may or may not come out from LOR...  have to pick a direction and go that way... 

It time for LOR to wake up.

LOR has been to quiet to long and not keeping us up to date. Dan's "announcements soon" has turned into months already. If I don't hear anything his coming week, I will be making the change over on my Christmas sequences.

Thomas

Dan's "announcements soon" has turned into months already.

It’s also bad business practice to announce future products that don’t materialize when they should.

• Like 1

It’s also bad business practice to announce future products that don’t materialize when they should.

Don't make promises you can't keep.

But we get that alot of that on here.

I don't think Dan has made any promises other then there will be an annoucement soon.. for that he is behind the curve.. but he also explained they didn't want to pull the trigger before whatever it is was ready..

I have no issue with them waiting for their product announcement, but I just can't wait any longer then this coming week or I fear I will get even further behind the time crunch. 

so Dan.. We don't even know what you are working on.. let alone a release date.. if you are not working on what I need, it would have been good to know long ago as I have been waiting to add other software to my system in hope that LOR would have something better for Pixel control..  crunch time now..

Craig

So, you guys are upset that Dan won’t release information on something you don’t know what is but you might need?

I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Every year for the past several years a small percentage of LOR users launch a campaign on the forum stating that they better get what they want or they are leaving. Meanwhile the rest of us sit by patiently hoping that LOR might add something that doesn’t require 2K pixels and a super computer to benefit from it (like common channel config, xml show and schedule files, easier setup verification tools, etc).

• Like 3

So, you guys are upset that Dan won’t release information on something you don’t know what is but you might need?

I agree with TGabriel,  Not losing any sleep over it. 

Not sure anyone has launched a campaign of any kind rwetz...   For me, I know I am out of time to make a decision and pick a direction.  That means I either have to decide to stay with LOR S3 and work around the limitations or find something that is easier for me to deal with.   Nothing more..   I still have lots of LOR stuff and don't plan on abandoning LOR just quite yet.. just need to move forward.. I along with many were hoping LOR would at least let us know what they are working on so we have some idea if it pertains to our needs for the near future.  In the vacuum of no info.. I can only assume that I must find a way to do what I want to do.  Whether with LOR or something else..

Nothing more.. nothing less..

Exactly!  ... and LOR has no constructive reason to release any information about any current or future products until it's feasible to do so.  It's the way engineering works.  Nothing more.. nothing less.

• Like 1

We will be making some announcements soon. One of the reasons we have held back is that we have been guilty when it comes to being overly optimistic on schedules. Once I have a good handle on what will and will not be released this year I will let you know. We certainly are working on hardware and software that support and simplify the use of pixels. We expect the number of LOR customers using pixels to top 10% this year and pixels will be one of the fastest growing areas so we are increasing the portion of our resources allocated to such products. 

Dan

I am assuming that if by this time of year (mid-May) that they don't even have a "good handle on what will and will not be released this year" that the final product isn't going to be released any time soon, and therefore probably well past the time needed for most people that are doing any significant amount of new pixel sequencing.  Let me explain based off what Dan said above:  Dan hasn't announced anything yet and I assume that they are able to predict whether a product will be completed at least within the next 4-6 months.  Therefore that puts us at least past September to November for a significant product release, which is probably past when most people would be willing or able to make major show additions or revamps for this year's show.  Now if Dan had said "I will let you know once I have an exact date of release" that would be a different story since that is difficult to predict very far out, but all that was said that he would announce something once he knows if and what will even be released this year.

(Hence see post #6 above). 

What will come first, the long awaited announcement of "whats new" or the promised "vendors posting" rules????   Too long has pasted on both of them....

• Like 1

What will come first, the long awaited announcement of "whats new" or the promised "vendors posting" rules????   Too long has pasted on both of them....

+2

Thought I solved the "vendor posting rules" for them but apparently not!  Must have made too much sense.

Some of youse guys are being kinda mean. LOR is a good company and if they don't have what you want when you want it then you're shopping in the wrong store. Don't beat em up on the forum, just shop where you get what you want, when you want it.

If you don't find that place, consider it an opportunity to start your own.

Just my humble opinion.

Chip

• Like 2

Some of youse guys are being kinda mean. LOR is a good company and if they don't have what you want when you want it then you're shopping in the wrong store. Don't beat em up on the forum, just shop where you get what you want, when you want it.

Just my humble opinion.

Chip

not really beating them up but IMO the solution is simple.  setup standard rules for vendors that apply to ALL, after that the baseball rule - Three Strikes your out!!  Decided if there is to be a probationary period to keep a vendor out or make it a lifetime ban but make sure it is documented.  Not all that hard.

Just my humble opinion.

Chip

Just my humble opinion,    It has been an ongoing thing with LOR not getting info out to it customers or on the forums.  It has been brought up several times and the same answer is always stated.  "we will do better".   No one said LOR was not a great company with great products, all that was said now and for a long time, please try to keep us informed.  Have you noticed how some people have moved away from LOR due to no information about how it will handle or fix the problems with using pixels and a few others things??

I understand the desire for information from the consumer. I also understand the need to keep some new developments somewhat under wraps until they are ready for release. I will wait and see what is ready for 2014.

LOR like all companies will grow or diminish dependent on its ability to bring to market the desires and needs of its consumers in a timely fashion.

I'm a newbie and I like LOR tremendously but...........it's a competitive world and I will always look for the best product for the price.

If pixels are the new thing then there are multple others getting into the field and like all other electronics today you can only have the latest and greatest stuff for about 6 months until something later and greater comes along.

Madrix in a consumer size affordable version would be nice from what I have seen. IMHO

Chip