Light-O-Rama Forums
sysco

what's new with lor

Anybody have any ideas if they have anything new planned for this year    ??????

They are keeping it a secret so we will be blown away when we get it :)

Auto sequencer is getting improved.

A lot of LOR user would like to know what the future holds for us.

Dan is NOT keeping us informed and a lot of people are changing software for the pixel count.

It will be his lost.

I think it's time lor or Dan  dropped a hint  to keep us informed  it's late in the season  and there are hints form other vendors  of things to come    

A lot of LOR user would like to know what the future holds for us.

Dan is NOT keeping us informed and a lot of people are changing software for the pixel count.

It will be his lost.

...a lot of people are changing software for the pixel count.

I suspect it will be remembered as the "Great Pixel Exodus of 2013."

I suspect it will be remembered as the "Great Pixel Exodus of 2013."

Ouch!

LOR increased the speed of new generation devices to 500KB and introduced a new MP3 Director, also with the new higher speed.

Rumors last year of a cheaper DMX interface; a smaller version of the iDMX-1000, I guess. Hasn't come out, tho.

LOR has been strangely quiet lately; maybe they're working on S4?

No word from LOR on new stuff and still no word on what they are doing with vendors posting here.

And they say silence is golden,       not.

We will be making some announcements soon. One of the reasons we have held back is that we have been guilty when it comes to being overly optimistic on schedules. Once I have a good handle on what will and will not be released this year I will let you know. We certainly are working on hardware and software that support and simplify the use of pixels. We expect the number of LOR customers using pixels to top 10% this year and pixels will be one of the fastest growing areas so we are increasing the portion of our resources allocated to such products. 

Dan

Thanks for the update Dan.

You're right. There seems to be a big move towards pixels, both dumb and smart. I hope that LOR can be competitive with some of the other vendors out there.

Glad to hear as I am looking for a way to handle all my needs this year. I was just looking at a new computer !!!

Jeff

Dan good to hear from you and i will wait to see what comes out  thank you 

We will be making some announcements soon. One of the reasons we have held back is that we have been guilty when it comes to being overly optimistic on schedules. Once I have a good handle on what will and will not be released this year I will let you know. We certainly are working on hardware and software that support and simplify the use of pixels. We expect the number of LOR customers using pixels to top 10% this year and pixels will be one of the fastest growing areas so we are increasing the portion of our resources allocated to such products. 

Dan

Dan

Will these announcements be made before the end of the April?

Thomas

• Like 1

bump... I'd like to see speed improvement with Pixels and Color Selection in the software in an easier interface than the color fade tool, which is just lacking.  

Thanks Dan,

Edited by njwatkins1

Thanks for the update Dan, Love LOR products, support and our community. I Always get great help from these forums. The Jumpstart class in Philly last year was a big help as well!

Dan

Dan, will the announcements be made before end of May?

Thanks for the update Dan, Love LOR products, support and our community. I Always get great help from these forums. The Jumpstart class in Philly last year was a big help as well!

Did I miss the update?

Did I miss the update?

Yes you did, just like the rest of us.

Just some promises being made.

I can't speak for the rest of the nitwits on this site, but this nitwit doesn't need a firm schedule announced. Just an idea of what changes are planned so I can decide to stick it out or jump to some pixel editor that will get the job done. Christmas is just around the corner.

Have you got our backs or not?

I'm with Bob.  May 15th is my deadline for LOR to tell us that they have better pixel controls.. if not by then I will have to assume not, or not in time, and move on to other ways of controlling pixels.  This will be my first year with pixels even though I have had 6 CCRs for two years, I have yet to use them because the control is someone combersome.  

Just can't wait any longer for what may or may not come out from LOR...  have to pick a direction and go that way... 

It time for LOR to wake up.

LOR has been to quiet to long and not keeping us up to date. Dan's "announcements soon" has turned into months already. If I don't hear anything his coming week, I will be making the change over on my Christmas sequences.

Thomas