Light-O-Rama Forums

Will Sequence Editor Play from the middle?

Bizywk

I apologize for the dumb question, but I received my software license yesterday and banging away today at animated faces and could use a word of advice here.

My preparation and 2 years of pre-study is really paying off, but I really am already getting tired of, and being slowed down by, the sequence always starting from the beginning of the song every time, regardless of whether I press the "Play" or "PlayAgain" button. 

I've done a fair amount of video and sound editing, and could always start from anywhere I want on the timeline. 

Is there a button or setting or a personal error I can avoid that will give me this option? 

Thank-you.  I figured it was my stupidity.  Looking for different keywords in the instructions. 

VERY helpful.   Thank-You!

• 3 weeks later...

Dont feel bad I did it for 4 years and averaged 8 songs a year. I still cannot stand Christmas canon with those bratty kids singing, but my wife makes me leave it in the show.

TSO did do a version with 3 ladies. Agreed, hate the kids version.

To the op. I prefer to highlight a section of time and then press the space bar. It will only play what is highlighted. Well there are things you can do to make it take off and not stop till the end. But this is my favorite way to do it.

Dont feel bad I did it for 4 years and averaged 8 songs a year. I still cannot stand Christmas canon with those bratty kids singing, but my wife makes me leave it in the show.

So how do you know those children are bratty? They sang for TSO so that makes them bratty?

Those children give a peaceful meaning to the song and saying they are bratty isn't very Christmasy (kudos to your wife BTW).

As MP mentioned, the 3 ladies is cool of course being more of a rock version with electric guitar (which gives it up beat, if that's what you prefer).

But to call the children bratty???

Hating the song is one thing. Calling children names is another.

Maybe "Mr Christmas" isn't a fitting name IMHO...

Edited by Santas Helper

Santas Helper,

I think what he and I are saying is that their high squeaky voices put us over the edge. Kind of like scratching a chalk board, their voices just gets on our nerves. Maybe bratty is not a good word for it. But it was available at the time.

Chill my friend, lol I am sure that no harm was meant. I guess some of us old guys and our hearing just dont cotton to high pitched children voices. Not that they can do anything about it either.

Oh I'm good MP.

It just didn't set well when read it.

It was one of my mom's favorite Christmas tunes and since she passed away, It has special meaning to me.

Anyway, I'm good.

Thanks,

S H

Which one? Cannon, Christmas Cannon. And if the later, with kids or the ladies? Cannon has always been one of my favs. And I have been doing the Christmas Cannon with the ladies from the first year. Your mom has good taste. And I fully understand why your a little sore.

MP,

Christmas Cannon.

It's the version with the Children. I took my parents to see TSO a couple times. My mom and dad loved the shows. After one of the shows, mom told me she liked the version with the ladies but the version with the children on the radio was her favorite, up there with her most favorite Christmas songs. She loved the soothing flow it presented. So I added it to my display for her enjoyment during her past few years.

Now me? I love both. I'm a rock guy so the ladies carry a strong more upbeat message. But then I guess I have a little mom in me cuz I can relax, enjoy the children version and now days, think about my mom (& dad as he enjoyed that version and joined my mom 11 months later in the heavens above).

But to me, the children version the most because of the memories of my parents.

• 3 months later...