Light-O-Rama Forums

Do You Need Big Bells?

Premier

The city I live in here on the Coast of Oregon is selling all their large Christmas Bells. These are wire framed bells about 7 feet tall each, and about 5-6 feet wide. These were frames with lights and colored wrapping and hung from nearly every light/utility pole in town. Lights are probably junk,but the frames are intact. The city is selling these for 40.00 each. I don;t have a picture of them, but if anyone is interested they can email me or the city of Florence directly

Yep, if it weren't for shipping charges, I'd have loved to got my hands on about 7 of them to replace the.translucent plastic ones I have, since 4 of the 7 I use are  very old and deteriorating away, cracked and broken.

Why can't stuff like this ever be closer to me?  Ah well.  Good price for someone though.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked with some of the town workers (I am a fireman in town) and found out they were throwing the full size lanterns away when the light sockets went bad. I picked up 12 red and white lanterns and made my own poles for mounting them for about $30. You can see the results at Youtube -carrfamilyproductions.

I could maybe talked into making a coast trip to bring anything left over up to CLAP. Where they're at is only two hours from me. I'd love an excuse to head south for a weekend. How much ya think will fit on/in my mini van?