Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Floods for 2013

Phillip W

Is it too early to have a project 3/4s done for christmas this year already? lol ive got them working on their own now to figure out how to use the enttec pro and lor.  :D post-7483-0-81090200-1360643607_thumb.jp

Heck no it's not to early. I think being proactive keeps the stress down and provides time for R&D.

And I like what you did on the floods.

Is it too early to have a project 3/4s done for christmas this year already? lol ive got them working on their own now to figure out how to use the enttec pro and lor.  :D attachicon.gifRGB Floods.JPG

how bright, the cost, parts list?

wow so many reply's already lol, wasnt expecting that. ok, yes holiday coro flood kits, like $25 each kit. comes with everything to make but will need a power supply for every 5 floods. since i had 4 stations the last couple years each station with 4 flood lights in them, each station with a red, green, blue, and yellow. this gives me just 4 floods and lots more color choices. here was the fun part of this project, finding a flood that was cheap enough to not add a lot of cost to this project. i first found some at about $16, that was still to much, finally found one for $12, getting better, then i decided to check lowes and home depot websites as they really werent showing anything cheaper but was hoping to pick up for $12 and not pay shipping. home depot had 500 watt for $6.88 on their website, perfect right? i go in the store that says they have 45 of them. the store had them for $5.88, so i picked up 6 of them figuring the other 2 i could use as work lights for that price. and to make it even sweater since im a disabled vet i got 10% off my purchase. so the cost to me was around $130 total for the 4, i had a power supply i ordered last year with their sample kit, which i never got around to playing with cause it toke me 3 months to find an enttec pro on ebay for the right price. so now i have to figure out how to use them before xmas or ill have to put out 16 floods again lol. http://www.holidaycoro.com/kb_results.asp?id=71 here is a link to coro to view putting them together. http://www.holidaycoro.com/RGB-Flood-Light-p/171.htm and their is a link to order them and see some videos on how they look. mine i just got working and they come with a small demo already programmed on the dmx module. i recorded it real quick on my iphone but of course the file is to big. ill have to see if it will post to youtube then link it here so you can see it. they look pretty bright as any flood. let me know if you have any more questions.

nice tells me i dont have permission to edit my post so here is the youtube vid here. 

its short but was trying to keep the file size down and its sort of close up. i might put them outside tonight and post the vid so you can get a better look at them in a real setting from someone who has no idea what im doing lol.

so i picked up 6 of them figuring the other 2 i could use as work lights for that price. and to make it even sweater since im a disabled vet i got 10% off my purchase. so the cost to me was around $130 total for the 4,

Thanks for the info Phillip.

Now I have a question. You mentioned $130 total for the 4 (as referenced above). Does that everything including the LEDs and power supply and housings to get them where they are now?

Sorry to ask but for me and how I read it, it went from $5.88 each to $130 for 4, which didn't add up to me, which is why I asked.

Pretty sweet deal I must say.

Thank you for sharing!!!

Phil

Is it possible to do another video that has a greater line of sight, so that  can see the full extent of the light spread??

A close up doesn't to the flood any justice here

Thanks,

to make it even sweater since im a disabled vet i got 10% off my purchase.

And I want to add, thank you for your service and sacrifice to our country.

I too am a vet and appreciate my brothers/sisters.

wavingflag.gif    

• Like 1

Have tried Holliday Coro Floods (great), Rainbow floods (great) actually 4 of each but they do not put out enough light for my application (my display is not in complete darkness) and they barley were visable against a white wall.  Soooooo   I   ordered a couple of these>

5 meter  w/144 leds per meter (DUMB rgb)  (2 of them)

If they don't melt the wall they should be pretty  bright for a wall wash.  I'm mounting them in PVC cut in half lengthwise and painted with crome paint on the inside behind the strips.

After they arrive and I have a chance to test I'll post the result.

Thanks for the info Phillip.

Now I have a question. You mentioned $130 total for the 4 (as referenced above). Does that everything including the LEDs and power supply and housings to get them where they are now?

Sorry to ask but for me and how I read it, it went from $5.88 each to $130 for 4, which didn't add up to me, which is why I asked.

Pretty sweet deal I must say.

Thank you for sharing!!!

great i answered this once and it didnt post, so will try again. each kit is around $26, the housing is $6 which is a total of $32 per flood, times 4 makes it about $130 for the 4 of them. you still need to buy the power pack though, but other then that and you'll need a dongle like the enttec pro to run them during your seq. which i have to figure out now. and i have to wonder if buying the add on to the software would be a good move to help me sequence them. and thanks for your service as well.

ill try and make a vid for better viewing. but i have a 1 level house so it only takes 4 of these for my needs, but ill pull it back to see if it works any better for those that want a better idea. but since my house is sitting back 220ft from the street most my lights are on the acre in front of my house.

Thanks Phillip for explaining. I just wanted to make sure.

And for requests of varying distances, folks have different applications for these so it's common to see the question and results of how they work close and far away. Even myself is little curious. :)

See what happens when you put together a new thing (or at least new to some of us)? But this is how we learn and get better. From others that share their new projects.

Again, thanks for sharing.

ok an update. i have front double doors a large arch way with large bay windows on ether side. normally i put my floods on both bay windows. well tonight for you guys i sat 1 rgb flood on the sidewalk in front of my front doors and i was amazed that it lit up the whole front where i normally have 2 floods doing this. now the bad news, my iphone makes it all look very dark so it looked like just the front door was lit. but it did well just doesnt video tape well, sorry.

I have built 12 of these same. My house is 2 stories and 48 FT long and the light washed the house completely. I was very happy with the outcome.

http://youtu.be/F6RDABXiO-c

a quick test Video.

That was a good video. Showed an example of how you used them in a smaller scale group.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

are those the same kits i used? course you throw enough lights on something you can color it lol. i think my 4 will do my house or ill be ordering a couple more. now tell me what you used to program them :) 

jsachs82

dave i do not, might try and lay them out this weekend, but as i said before, my iphone doesnt take a good pick looks dark even though it is not. ill get out the wifes good camera this weekend and see what happens