Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing Contest!

George Simmons

Are you going to do a play by play, blow by blow commentary as you view them like X Factor?  George you'd make a great Simon Cowell!

I'd try for worst sequencer then! :D

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PMC

• TonyD

• Brian Mitchell

• George Simmons

Thanks Joe.  Yes, we did take into account the S2 users among us.  That's why we chose the Animation over the Visualizer.  The warning window you saw shouldn't prevent opening or editing of the sequence file, as it's my understanding that there's been no significant change in sequence structure or the function of the Animation from S2 to S3.  

You can be our canary in the mine here.  Please take a couple minutes to do some sequencing and then save and re-open the file just to make sure that everything works okay.

As far as judging goes, we should have no issues opening and viewing sequences done with S2.

Thanks for the questions.

George, Brian and Paul,

The canary is back from the mine and survived. I did some sequencing, saved the file and went back to open it again. Other then the warning window all is fine.

I closed it out again after making some changes and went back to open it again. Same warning but all of the changes I made were all still OK. It will work. I guess I should go back to the mine. LOL

that's great, and since we are using the animation as the base of our judging (why did I think it was the visualizer, George corrected me on that), all versions of LOR will work

that's great, and since we are using the animation as the base of our judging (why did I think it was the visualizer, George corrected me on that), all versions of LOR will work

Except for LOR version 1.  But is anyone is still using that, they REALLY need to update.   But even version 1 might be able to import the lcc file to create the sequence. I don't know for sure.

No, it's not too late.  The download site will be functional through the end of the contest period.

You can submit an entry as late as 11:59:59 PM on 2/22/13

well, i've been at this for awhile and have a whole 10 seconds partially done. This may take a little longer than i hoped. But you did say the first one is the hardest, right? I wouldn't expect to see my file until about 2/22/13 11:55pm. What time zone is that?

I have 2 prizes that could be used to add on the 1st prize of the $50 gift certificate from LOR

or it can be a 2nd place prize, I will let Brian and George decide, and I will pay for shipping

The prize is a vinyl poster from TSO (Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Like any of us didn't know that) Autographed by all band members, this is on High Quality Vinyl and its about 2ft x 4ft, I have 2 of these so the winner of the newbie and veteran can get one

I work for 2 radio stations here in Pittsburgh and we are tightly associated with TSO (we sponsor their Christmas Show) and it was just a phone call to TSO's office to get these

Edited by PMC

I may just have to enter now, really did not want George's toenail clippings.

The toenail clippings are the prize for last place.

What do you guys think about giving the entrants a critique of their work?  I would assume in private, after the contest was over.  I for one would not mind picking your brains and hearing what you have to say about the work I send in.  Why it was liked and disliked.  I think that would help me be a better sequencer in the long run.  What is your pleasure on this??

Mike

I would like that also. If you're uncomfortable being brutally honest then send just 1 comment "anonymously" through PMC and we won't know which one of you to hate :D

As the judges, we won't know who's sequence is who's because of the blind judging system George set up.

I would be happy to critique it for you after the contest if you want.

Awesome posters BTW.  I'm kinda with George on this.  I got a perfect spot over my work table. ;)

You better decide what to do with them, Paul.

What do you guys think about giving the entrants a critique of their work?  I would assume in private, after the contest was over.  I for one would not mind picking your brains and hearing what you have to say about the work I send in.  Why it was liked and disliked.  I think that would help me be a better sequencer in the long run.  What is your pleasure on this??

Mike

As Brian already said, maybe after the contest ends for those who want it.  Just keep in mind that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Almost anyone can tell the difference between good vs. ugly sequencing, but three different people might have seven different ideas how to make it better.  And what we see of your work using the contest "yard" might look entirely different if you did the same thing using your own actual setup.

I would like that also. If you're uncomfortable being brutally honest then send just 1 comment "anonymously" through PMC and we won't know which one of you to hate :D

If we're truly talking "brutally honest" I think you'd be able to figure out whose critique is whose pretty easily...  Brian is a teddy bear kind of guy and I'm more of a prickly cactus.  Although having said that, I've never threatened a blowmold with a power tool! -_-