Light-O-Rama Forums

Help please! Starting & stopping a track in Seq. editor

zeighty

Perhaps I am jumping the gun (I'm brand new to LOR s/w), but is there a way to scrub (backwards / forwards) through a track while editing a sequence?

I have watched most every tutorial video related to the seq. editor with no luck.

No, but you can go to the play tab and select a play range. But, you can start and stop a sequence with the space bar.

Edited by bisquit476

If you click and drag in the timeline at the top, it will lock that section of song for playback.  You can edit till your hearts content and just keep hitting the spacebar to play that section.  Click the timeline again to exit out or redrag to another section.  Also playback at half speed really helps.

If you click and drag in the timeline at the top, it will lock that section of song for playback.  You can edit till your hearts content and just keep hitting the spacebar to play that section.  Click the timeline again to exit out or redrag to another section.  Also playback at half speed really helps.

Thank you so much. This is not scrubbing, but it is a huge help. Is there a quick way to switch between half speed and full?

Thank you so much. This is not scrubbing, but it is a huge help. Is there a quick way to switch between half speed and full?

Unfortunately not that I know of.   Would be nice if they were, but I haven't found any shortcuts to do so.

You could use the default keyboard shortcuts ... ALT-P -> D -> then 1, /, N, 2 or 4. (Quarter, Half, Normal, Double, Quad speed)

You could use the default keyboard shortcuts ... ALT-P -> D -> then 1, /, N, 2 or 4. (Quarter, Half, Normal, Double, Quad speed)

Where did you find those Don?  

They aren't listed in the SE Help file I have.  Here's a screen shot of what shortcut keys I found in the SE Help topics {version 3.8.2} on the shortcuts available, and is why I stated I didn't know of any other or additional shortcuts to access the speed playback options. 

Again,  I did this in the SE, but after taking a second look at it, it looks like it only shows visualizer shortcuts!??   Kind of odd that the shortcut info for the visualizer pops up, but not the shortcuts for the SE itself.   So that's yet another reason I thought there wasn't a shortcut to access the speed options, as what I was looking for doesn't show up for some oddball reason.

See attached graphic below taken directly from inside the SE by clicking on help and then entering keyboard shortcuts in the search pane.

Edited by Orville

In the Sequence Editor push the 'Alt' key on your keyboard.

Note that the "F" in File is underlined. Note the "P" in Play is underlined. Push those buttons and see what happens.

Then open virtually any other Windows program and you'll note the same thing.

In the Sequence Editor push the 'Alt' key on your keyboard.

Note that the "F" in File is underlined. Note the "P" in Play is underlined. Push those buttons and see what happens.

Then open virtually any other Windows program and you'll note the same thing.

Hmm, very interesting Don.  I had never noticed that pressing the ALT key would place an underscore under the text labels in the toolbar.  Just never noticed it before, learned something I was completely unaware of and missing.  Thanks for the info, that'll make my sequencing a bit easier knowing how to moce around the SE much quicker now.

Note here is a larger list of keyboard shortcuts specific to SE in the manual (beyond the universal Windows menu shortcuts mentioned above):

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.8.0/help/index.html?editing_sequences_using_the_ke.htm

(click on "Modifying Cells")

You can also adjust keyboard shortcuts or create new ones too:

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.8.0/help/index.html?keyboardpreferences.htm

(Orville, please ignore the above links if you are somehow offended by them. :P )

Note here is a larger list of keyboard shortcuts specific to SE in the manual (beyond the universal Windows menu shortcuts mentioned above):

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.8.0/help/index.html?editing_sequences_using_the_ke.htm

(click on "Modifying Cells")

You can also adjust keyboard shortcuts or create new ones too:

http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.8.0/help/index.html?keyboardpreferences.htm

(Orville, please ignore the above links if you are somehow offended by them. :P )

No offense, learned something from them.\

Also sent you a PM as to the other topic since I couldn't respond there.   So guess I deserved that last line. ;)  :lol:

Has anyone programmed custom sequencing effects to a keyboard shortcut?  It looks like you can chain multiple commands together and map them to one key (or key combination) and the list of commands you can use is long.  I am going to try to do just that.  If someone has a "catalog" of effects already stored this way maybe you could share?  I'm using advanced  3.9.